Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Forms - Uploads>Repeating
L&LDaycare 02:03 PM 02-18-2014
I watch a 3 year old in my daycare and he will repeat himself until you answer. If I am busy with other kids he will keep asking and when i do answer he says what umpteen times. He only has an older sister so i think he gets attention all the time, and at daycare the attention isn't always on you. i guess i am asking why even after i answer he says what? Also his older sister has problems with chewing on her clothes. She is in first grade so you would think she wouldn't do that anymore. I tell her over and over again to stop and she continues to chew. Any ides on how to put an end to both of those things?! thanks!
daycare 02:08 PM 02-18-2014
Originally Posted by L&LDaycare:
I watch a 3 year old in my daycare and he will repeat himself until you answer. If I am busy with other kids he will keep asking and when i do answer he says what umpteen times. He only has an older sister so i think he gets attention all the time, and at daycare the attention isn't always on you. i guess i am asking why even after i answer he says what? Also his older sister has problems with chewing on her clothes. She is in first grade so you would think she wouldn't do that anymore. I tell her over and over again to stop and she continues to chew. Any ides on how to put an end to both of those things?! thanks!
when you are busy and he wants to talk you can say DCK I really want to hear what you have to say, but right now I am helping Johnny. When I am done I will listen to what you have to say... You would do the same for an adult.

as for the chewing, it sounds like some kind of sensory issue or anxiety thing....not too much you can do but redirect her...... I have one that does that too but he is 4
craftymissbeth 04:14 PM 02-18-2014
I have no answer for the "what", but I've started having the kids place a hand on my arm or leg or somewhere to let me know they'd like to speak with me while I'm busy. I have to remind them sometimes, but I love it when they remember
ColorfulSunburst 07:27 AM 02-26-2014
Originally Posted by L&LDaycare:
it shows he has not a lot attention from parents. As a result he gets his habit of repeating. He is able to get an attention in this way only. The sister's behavior has the same roots.
Tags:redirection
Reply Up