Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Forms - Uploads>Sign In & Out
mia 07:33 AM 02-28-2014
I am planning on doing my Sign in and out binder again ,,,,, Ive done it in the past but no client ever used it so I stopped... I feel that I need to try again to help keep tract of exact times that the child/children are dropped off and picked up .... For I have a client that in contract their times are 7:30 am to 4:30 pm... they use to drop off at 8:00 / 8:30 and always picked up 4:30 if they were later they would always ask or let me know.... as of lately they have been dropping off at 9:30 / 10:00 and picking up at 5:30.... They both are still working at the same place as before....

This is my binder cover what do you all think.... Should I even bother with a sign in and out log.... How should I address these clients.....
Attached: image.jpg sign in and out.jpg (74.1 KB) 
craftymissbeth 08:26 AM 02-28-2014
I like it.

I'm using the ones from http://www.123learncurriculum.com/page4.htm

I have one sheet per child and at the top I write the child's name and their contracted times. As soon as their contracted pick-up time rolls around I replace the regular pen with a red one... that way their late times are in red and it makes it easier for them to see when they're late and for me to bill them. The red seems to make it more "official".
Blackcat31 10:52 AM 02-28-2014
We are required to have a sign in/out log for all clients on subsidy. It is also a good thing to do for auditing purposes.

I use a simple sheet with space for all the kids and use it for one week. Switching it out each Monday.

Once a parent is late, I remove the regular sign in/out sheet and replace it with the one that says "LATE" on it. That way the parent KNOWS they are late.

The late pick up fee is due at that time or before drop off the next day.

More threads about sign in/out sheets, including a thread with several examples https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...gn+in+-+sample
grandmom 03:08 PM 02-28-2014
I'm required to have a sign in/out sheet for each child. I charge $5 per day if they forget to sign it. They rarely forget the second time.
daycare 03:46 PM 02-28-2014
I am also required and I charge my parents a fee of $5.00 for each occurrence that they forget to sign in or out.

no one here forgets to do it......
sunlight 08:13 AM 03-03-2014
Craftymissbeth thank you so much for posting 123learncurriculum! I just checked out the page and LOVE it!! I am curious as to how much per month a provider would spend on paper and ink to print out the monthly curriculum? I order now from Early Start Fun Learning and spend about $30.00 per month for 6 kids.

Would love some feed back if anyone has time!!

Have a great day
Laurel 10:08 AM 03-03-2014
Originally Posted by mia:
I am planning on doing my Sign in and out binder again ,,,,, Ive done it in the past but no client ever used it so I stopped... I feel that I need to try again to help keep tract of exact times that the child/children are dropped off and picked up .... For I have a client that in contract their times are 7:30 am to 4:30 pm... they use to drop off at 8:00 / 8:30 and always picked up 4:30 if they were later they would always ask or let me know.... as of lately they have been dropping off at 9:30 / 10:00 and picking up at 5:30.... They both are still working at the same place as before....

This is my binder cover what do you all think.... Should I even bother with a sign in and out log.... How should I address these clients.....
We are required to take attendance but the parents don't have to sign it so I mark who is here. This is a fire regulation here. We are supposed to grab it on our way out in case of a fire. I don't care to record the hours cause I have a daily rate but if you want to know, you could record the hours.

This is a way to keep the parents out of it, if it is a hassle for you with them forgetting, etc. Of course, it depends on your regulations. Just an idea.

Laurel
Janice62 12:12 AM 03-15-2014
They have us right down who's absent each day, especially for subsidy billing. They make all assistants and even the family childcare owner sign in and out also, if working.

They also just asked us to have the assistants and anyone who is taking care of the kids to sign in with a different colored pen so to make it easier for them, but it's not WAC.

I put on the bottom of all my sign in sheets, All parents agree to all policies and procedures on my *website* listing my website and in *parent handbook* with having them sign the back page of that, if not, they they can loose their spots with us immediately to another family, with loss of deposit and notice period. I figure if the state won't pay for a 3 week notice period for state kids and they can move from place to place without letting anyone know in advance, I can term the parents who break policies and procedures. A few personality types that do this are un-involved parenting style and etc... Anyone who meets me half way and is negotiable and is more of the authoritative parenting style is best suited for my place. I can tell right from the start, parents who get everything we need for their kiddo's asap to help set them up for success and us also... gets to stay. Parents who forget to bring formula, diapers, wipes, backup clothes, weather appropriate clothing
and etc...constantly- I eventually let them go, I start touring for replacement families right away. I give a nice term letter, saying your family needs to find a new childcare place, because of not bringing whats required daily. I give them a list of licensed childcare providers in the area so their not empty handed. I now currently started to have them do an application for childcare before enrollment papers are given to them. On there, I ask them if the child has been to other childcare places and to list them as a references. If they left on bad terms with everyone or just their last provider, I get both sides of the situation before allowing them to attend. Anyone that post complaints on lots of websites, will nix themselves also. If they have lots of good things to say about companies, I will consider them --the most.
Janiam 01:56 PM 04-04-2014
Do you mean as the owner you have to sign in on each childs sign in/ out sheet that you were the person caring for the child while in attendance?
midaycare 08:54 AM 05-03-2014
I use Cake Child Care. It's online and it's so easy. $4.99 a month. The setup is a pain in the butt, but once it's all done, it's great. The parents just click on the picture of their child, and click "sign in". I can add early & late fees, so they are added automatically when parents check in. The parents can sign in and see their attendance at any time, how much they owe, any messages I have for the parents. I can also keep track of how many diaper changes, bottles, what we ate and how much their kid ate, naps, all kinds of things ... the $4.99 I pay each month makes up for itself in what I save in printer ink and paper.

But again, set up is kind of a pain. At least for me. I'm sure others could do it no problem.
tehck_1013 10:37 AM 05-21-2014
Originally Posted by craftymissbeth:
I like it.

I'm using the ones from http://www.123learncurriculum.com/page4.htm

I have one sheet per child and at the top I write the child's name and their contracted times. As soon as their contracted pick-up time rolls around I replace the regular pen with a red one... that way their late times are in red and it makes it easier for them to see when they're late and for me to bill them. The red seems to make it more "official".
This is brilliant! Way to go
mia 09:50 AM 05-22-2014
Originally Posted by Janiam:
Do you mean as the owner you have to sign in on each childs sign in/ out sheet that you were the person caring for the child while in attendance?

No the parents sign the sheets stating the time they dropped off and picked up.....
MrsSteinel'sHouse 09:56 AM 05-22-2014
We are required to have sign in/ out. I print monthly a sheet for each family- already predated for the month. I print on different colored paper and each family has their color. I put each on an individual clipboard. They know their color and just grab it from the container. Per licensing they have to have an individual sheet for "privacy".. yeah like they don't know who all is here and when.
Tags:sign in, sign in - sample, signing in, signing out
Reply Up