Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Forms - Uploads>Simple Field Trip Permission Form?
dcm 10:30 AM 04-28-2014
I want to revise the one I currently have in our parent handbook. The one we currently have, gives us permission to leave the premises of the home to take the children on walks only. We would like to start going on field trips, but I don't want to have to do a form each time, we want to go out. We will be using the city bus as transportation.

For those of you that go on field trips (i.e. library, zoo, mall, etc.), do you tell the parents each time, or if it's a nice day, do you just get up and go?? How do you word that to parents??? We have one Mom, that wants a whole itinerary, every time we go out. Her daughter is 16 month's old. She wants to know where we are going, what time we will leave, what time we will return. I think this is a bit much. The weather is so unpredictable in Canada, that when it's a nice day, if I am feeling cabin fever, I just want to be able to pack up the kids and go, kwim?

Any help would be appreciated Thank you!
CraftyMom 03:13 PM 04-29-2014
In my state we have a general transportation form that allows us to take the children off premises for routine trips that are listed (parks, library, bringing kids to school, etc). Anything that is not routine, has to have a field trip permission slip as you described the dcm wanting, with specific times and location. I have to carry this form with me. If it is a last minute trip I have the parents sign that morning or if it's very last minute I text and specifically ask for permission. I've only done that twice. I like everything documented just in case, and most parents like to know where their kids are. Even my laid back parents like a text just so they know where we are.

We are starting a monthly open gym at a gymnastics center. I will have the parents sign one form giving permission for this in a recurring monthly basis and they will know which days.
nothingwithoutjoy 05:47 PM 04-29-2014
Originally Posted by dcm:
I want to revise the one I currently have in our parent handbook. The one we currently have, gives us permission to leave the premises of the home to take the children on walks only.
We have something like that for the state, and I fill it out with a lot of possible places we might go within about a mile of home--some specific (the library), some not-so-specific (stores downtown). I list walking, stroller, and public bus as possible modes of transportation. I have all parents sign that, then just go whenever we want. I'm rather old-fashioned: I don't text. I leave a note on the cubby shelf in case anyone shows up and wonders where we are.

If I want to go somewhere not listed, or go by car, I do a separate, specific permission slip for that one time. (Or, recently, for a series of swim classes: one form for every Monday for three months.)
daycare 05:54 PM 04-29-2014
I have very strict auto insurance that requires me to have a permission slip for each trip we take. I must also record the miles that we drove round trip. I have to prove that I do not use my vehicle for more than 50% of the time to conduct business, if I do, I will be required to purchase commercial insurance which is STUPID money.

here is what I have....

I have one formal policy that explains all of the rules and jargon about transporting the children, they sign this one time when they start. The this is what they sign each time before we go. If they do not sign it, their child CAN NOT attend, will be sent home.

By Signing Below, I agree that I have read the full Daycare and Preschool Transportation Policy. I understand and agree to all terms and conditions and agree to allow my child/ren to attend the field trip to ABC Zoo on March 31, 2014.

then I have a spread sheet of each childs name printed out

billy johnson space for sign to sign
susie long space for parent to sign

It is super fast and never has been as issue. I always put it out a few days ahead of time so that everyone has time to sign it. Since we do a monthly calendar sometimes I just put it out at the start of the month to give everyone time to sign it. works every time
nothingwithoutjoy 05:56 PM 04-29-2014
Originally Posted by daycare:
I have very strict auto insurance that requires me to have a permission slip for each trip we take. I must also record the miles that we drove round trip. I have to prove that I do not use my vehicle for more than 50% of the time to conduct business, if I do, I will be required to purchase commercial insurance which is STUPID money.

here is what I have....

I have one formal policy that explains all of the rules and jargon about transporting the children, they sign this one time when they start. The this is what they sign each time before we go. If they do not sign it, their child CAN NOT attend, will be sent home.

By Signing Below, I agree that I have read the full Daycare and Preschool Transportation Policy. I understand and agree to all terms and conditions and agree to allow my child/ren to attend the field trip to ABC Zoo on March 31, 2014.

then I have a spread sheet of each childs name printed out

billy johnson space for sign to sign
susie long space for parent to sign

It is super fast and never has been as issue. I always put it out a few days ahead of time so that everyone has time to sign it. Since we do a monthly calendar sometimes I just put it out at the start of the month to give everyone time to sign it. works every time
Ooh...good idea! I like how much paper it saves, too!
Cradle2crayons 06:17 PM 04-29-2014
I have a custom form and it sort of looks like he local schools form.

On it basically...
Date of field trip
How we are getting there
What we are doing for lunch
Time of departure and arrival
Additional chaperones if I take any
Fee if any
Signatures
Special instructions related to field trip such as allergies to animals in a petting zoo if that's where we are going etc.
Tags:field trip policy, transportation permission slip
Reply Up