Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Forms - Uploads>Help need some organization!
shelleyp98 12:33 PM 12-02-2014
I am a inhome care provider for about 3 yrs. I have 6 kids in care 3 are state subsidized 3 are private pay. the problem I have is the subsidized parents think that I can watch their children 12-15 hrs a day. I need to redo my contracts. I am flexible with parents times, but I am getting stressed out and pains in the chest. NO GOOD. I am paid 24 to 30 per day per child, (NOT ALOT) and I have parents schedules all over the place. mostly 8:30-5:30. now one of them took on a second job and expects 9-2 and 3-9 in the same day I said I cant. so I need to redo my contracts with time contraints. and do I let each individual parent know what I am being paid from the state for the child per day? they think I am making lots of $$, when I cant pay my mtg ontime. I have parents 3 mths behind on subsidy pmts. ( I have notified them of possible termination of benefits from the state program if not pd up by mths end). The late pickups are killing me as well. this one parent is single mom, but she leaves her child with me 12-15 hrs a day. too much.
Heidi 12:53 PM 12-02-2014
In my handbook, it says "No child may be in care more than 9.5 hours per day".

What do you charge your private pay clients per day?

A lot of times when I get calls, one of their first questions is "what hours are you open?" I NEVER answer that question. I say "What hours of care are you needing? I try to be flexible". Then, when they say 7-5:30, I gently ask for more info, like where they work, etc. Fishing expedition, basically. I almost always find a way to arrange it so they have someone else pick up. But, I try not to get into details until I get them through my door and they SEE my program, kwim? I guess I'm a little cagey on that part, but make it sound like I can be flexible, even if I'm not that flexible.

What is the market like there? Can you fill those spots easily if you just say "Effective January 1, I am changing my hours to 7:30-4:30 (or whatever you decide). Then, let the chips fall where they may...

Edited to add:

With my state pay clients, I now expect them to pay their copay in advance (just like my other clients). If we don't know how much that is at the time they sign up, I have them pay me $50 towards it (it's usually not more than that). No pay, no stay.

"Effective January 1, all tuition is due in advance of care, including co-pays for state-subsidized care. No child may attend XYZ program if a balance is owed"
shelleyp98 01:24 PM 12-02-2014
The market is average I guess, I don't have people calling for care all the time, so I need to tread heavy but lightly. LOL. I am looking for a change in policy form online, cant find one, or just have my clients fill out a new one with the new chgs in effect. or should I inform each with a personalized letter letting them know what the state pays me for their child on a daily basis. so, but instilling a late charge they understand the why
Reply Up