Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Forms - Uploads>Daily Log/ Infant Report Phone Apps
Unregistered 10:13 PM 02-22-2016
Does anyone use or know of any phone apps for relaying information to parents?
Blackcat31 06:04 AM 02-23-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Does anyone use or know of any phone apps for relaying information to parents?
Lots of threads about communication apps

https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=apps
LittleScholars 10:13 AM 02-23-2016
I love, love, love Bright Wheel. It is free, and they are super responsive to feedback. Parents adore it.
NightOwl 08:51 AM 02-24-2016
Daily Connect. I love it and so do the parents.
thrivingchildcarecom 09:52 AM 02-25-2016
I use the Tadpoles app and love it! I use it for the daily notes for all the kids and the parents love it. Its a paid app, but when I initially thought to use it I calculated that the monthly charge was much less then the paper/printing of the paper notes. Since I do pay for it, I use it to do as many things as possible. Like reminders to parents, staff notes, holiday reminders, etc. They have added many more features now. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this app!
flying_babyb 01:27 AM 05-03-2017
Originally Posted by NightOwl:
Daily Connect. I love it and so do the parents.
Second this! Used this at a smaller center and it was wonderful. The best feature (in my eyes) was that there were programmed options to click (____ is reading a book, ____ is playing with _____) and the option to add a picture.
CityGarden 08:51 AM 05-03-2017
Bright Wheel is wonderful for this! I personally do not like to do daily updates and find them tedious however Brightwheel does make it easy to add all daily task, photos and billing!

It has a free version and I have not found the need to upgrade to the paid version.

I am fazing out daily sheets and going to a photo sharing method instead but if I took infants I would certainly use Brightwheel even IF it required a paid version.
Blackcat31 08:56 AM 05-03-2017
Originally Posted by CityGarden:
Bright Wheel is wonderful for this! I personally do not like to do daily updates and find them tedious however Brightwheel does make it easy to add all daily task, photos and billing!

It has a free version and I have not found the need to upgrade to the paid version.

I am fazing out daily sheets and going to a photo sharing method instead but if I took infants I would certainly use Brightwheel even IF it required a paid version.
Old thread....

I just read about a provider that used Bright Wheel for parent payments. Parents had a dispute about paying for care so they filed a claim via Bright Wheel and BW removed the payment. Took it ALL back from the provider!

Provider said she's had to pay $$$$'s in fees for her finances being screwed up now...
CityGarden 10:21 AM 05-03-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Old thread....

I just read about a provider that used Bright Wheel for parent payments. Parents had a dispute about paying for care so they filed a claim via Bright Wheel and BW removed the payment. Took it ALL back from the provider!

Provider said she's had to pay $$$$'s in fees for her finances being screwed up now...
These old post mess me up sometimes... thanks for pointing it out.

And THANK YOU for mentioning the payment thing with Brightwheel. I only have one family using it both for updates and for payments. I was piloting two different communication methods (Brightwheel vs Shutterfly). The family using Brightwheel love it so I allowed them to continue using it (for now) but I as a provider found Shutterfly easier to use. I am still trying to figure out payments..... but it will not be brightwheel especially given what you just shared.
thrivingchildcarecom 10:23 AM 05-03-2017
I have used Tadpoles for a few years. I love it! I use so many features of this app that I don't think I could live without it. The best feature is that it provides an ongoing record so I have a record of information that I have shared with parents. No longer is the daily note all crumpled up in the diaper bag the next day.

I show parents this at my tours and many times I am sure it has sealed the deal.

PM me with your email if you would like to know all the different ways I use this app.
AmyKidsCo 11:05 AM 05-03-2017
Daily Connect!

They recently added an assessment option, which I think is great but haven't had time to play with yet. You can totally customize it to show whatever milestones you want to record. I plan to do this when I have time...
Tags:app, brightwheel, communication apps, daily connect, parent communication, parent communication apps, tadpoles
Reply Up