Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Forms - Uploads>What Information is REQUIRED?
Pandaluver21 01:46 PM 04-18-2017
I'm sure this changes in different areas, but thought I would check with you guys. (I am in Colorado, btw)

I am re-doing my contract and handbook and want to make sure I have all the required things in there.

I know I have to have who can pick up, medical information (doctors, insurance, known allergies, etc,) Media release, parent contact information, and immunization information... but I want to make sure I don't take anything else out that I'm required to have.
Blackcat31 02:07 PM 04-18-2017
Originally Posted by Pandaluver21:
I'm sure this changes in different areas, but thought I would check with you guys. (I am in Colorado, btw)

I am re-doing my contract and handbook and want to make sure I have all the required things in there.

I know I have to have who can pick up, medical information (doctors, insurance, known allergies, etc,) Media release, parent contact information, and immunization information... but I want to make sure I don't take anything else out that I'm required to have.
Apparently you are required to have a LOT of policies written in your handbook: http://media.wix.com/ugd/97dde5_d9b8...c437094e24.pdf (begins on page 18)

7.707.41 Statement of Policies [Rev. eff. 1/1/10]
A. At the time of enrollment, the provider must give the parent(s) or guardian(s) a written statement of the home's policies and procedures, and provide the opportunity to ask questions. Written copies must be available either electronically or in hard copy. The provider must obtain a signed document stating that the parent(s)/guardian(s) have received the policies and procedures and by signing the policies and procedures document, the parent(s)/guardian(s) agree to follow, accept the conditions of, and give authorization and approval for the activities described in the policies and procedures.

B. The written policies and procedures must be developed, implemented and followed, which include all updates, changes, and must include at a minimum the following information:

Pandaluver21 02:47 PM 04-18-2017
Thank you! I literally had just gone through my rules and regs paper searching every term I could think of and must have just skimmed right over this part.

Policies.. that's the word I didn't search... brain fart :P
springv 01:46 PM 01-26-2019
I know this is an old thread but here in Alabama we use a readmission form that is in our Department of Human Resources minimum standards for daytime care book, we have a policy packet that includes all of our policies such as payment policies, sick policies etc, a payment agreement, IEINform, permission to photo, permission for FB access and walking field trips, and an agreement that if something happens that we are not responsible
Blackcat31 07:48 AM 01-27-2019
Originally Posted by springvalley112:
I know this is an old thread but here in Alabama we use a readmission form that is in our Department of Human Resources minimum standards for daytime care book, we have a policy packet that includes all of our policies such as payment policies, sick policies etc, a payment agreement, IEINform, permission to photo, permission for FB access and walking field trips, and an agreement that if something happens that we are not responsible
Although many programs use those types of waivers, unfortunately they won’t protect you from liability.

When caring for kids you are always liable
Parents can not waive their child’s rights

Here is more info about it
http://tomcopelandblog.com/will-liab...rs-protect-you
Tags:2017, colorado
Reply Up