Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Forms - Uploads>Sample 5 Week Menu New Reg Compliant
hwichlaz 10:39 AM 08-31-2017
http://ccfprtconference.weebly.com/u...n_sos_menu.pdf
Josiegirl 02:31 AM 09-02-2017
Thanks for sharing, that's something to go on for those of us who procrastinate planning menus.

I just have to comment though; they include tator tots and I never understood why that's an acceptable food item. I haven't served them to dcks in eons.
Unregistered 09:24 AM 09-02-2017
They consider it a vegetable by food program standards, we serve them at our daycare on sandwich day along with a fruit
daycarediva 05:04 AM 09-04-2017
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Thanks for sharing, that's something to go on for those of us who procrastinate planning menus.

I just have to comment though; they include tator tots and I never understood why that's an acceptable food item. I haven't served them to dcks in eons.
french fries are considered a vegetable, too.

I SOMETIMES serve sweet potato fries. BAKED.

Same with pasta sauce, it's considered a vegetable. Most of it is so processed, and you would have to serve SO MUCH of it, but whatever.
hwichlaz 04:33 PM 09-05-2017
I've never understood tater tots either...

I serve various types of baked fries though. If you're making them yourself, they are just cut up potato or veggie...so if potato is going to count fries have to as well...though I don't think that the frozen coated type should count. I cut potatoes in wedges and toss them with a bit of olive oil, salt, garlic, and oregano then bake them.
MarinaVanessa 06:34 PM 09-05-2017
I serve tater tots but I make them myself and I bake them. We were doing a bird unit once and I used shredded potato in muffin tins to make "bird nests" and they loved it so much they ask for it a lot.

I do the same with french fries. I bake them instead of frying them. Love the sweet potato bakes fries too!
MissAnn 11:13 AM 09-16-2017
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
I serve tater tots but I make them myself and I bake them. We were doing a bird unit once and I used shredded potato in muffin tins to make "bird nests" and they loved it so much they ask for it a lot.

I do the same with french fries. I bake them instead of frying them. Love the sweet potato bakes fries too!
How do you do the nests? Do you use oil?
MarinaVanessa 10:09 AM 09-17-2017
Originally Posted by MissAnn:
How do you do the nests? Do you use oil?
Yes, I grease up the muffin tins with some cooking oil (or spray). I grate the potatoes like you would if you were to make hash browns and then you add them to the muffin tin so that it covers the bottom and sides. I scrambled up some eggs and put them in a bowl when they were done and then in other small containers I added crumbled bacon, shredded cheese, sour cream etc. The kids got to spoon their own stuff onto their "nests". So in essence they were birds making their own nests. I have a hard time with getting the kids to eat potatoes unless they fried like french fries but who can refuse making your own food ... and bacon.
Unregistered 01:18 PM 09-22-2017
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
Yes, I grease up the muffin tins with some cooking oil (or spray). I grate the potatoes like you would if you were to make hash browns and then you add them to the muffin tin so that it covers the bottom and sides. I scrambled up some eggs and put them in a bowl when they were done and then in other small containers I added crumbled bacon, shredded cheese, sour cream etc. The kids got to spoon their own stuff onto their "nests". So in essence they were birds making their own nests. I have a hard time with getting the kids to eat potatoes unless they fried like french fries but who can refuse making your own food ... and bacon.
oooh I am so adding these to my menu, thanks!!
Tags:menu - monthly
Reply Up