Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Forms - Uploads>Termination of DCK Because of Licensing
Shaudisnest 05:34 AM 11-10-2017
Hi everyone
I need to terminate my contract with a family that I watch their 2/12 and 7 mth. I am over my ratio and have to terminate ASAP. What is the best way to do do it. It is breaking my heart. Help please.
Shaudisnest 05:37 AM 11-10-2017
I need to terminate ASAP because of licensing
Blackcat31 05:48 AM 11-10-2017
Originally Posted by Shaudisnest:
I need to terminate ASAP because of licensing
I would just say that. ^^

Dear DCF

Unfortunately, due to licensing ratio requirements I am no longer able to provide services to you. The last day I am able to provide care is XX November #, 2017.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Sincerely,

Provider

I am guessing due to the urgency of this situation that you were caught over ratio and licensing is basically giving you X amount of time to "fix" it?
Shaudisnest 06:01 AM 11-10-2017
Yes I have to do it right away. I have had them for 21/5 year.
I know they will be upset and mad
Blackcat31 06:11 AM 11-10-2017
Originally Posted by Shaudisnest:
Yes I have to do it right away. I have had them for 21/5 year.
I know they will be upset and mad
It's unfortunate for them and while I understand they will be upset, you can't really blame them. Following ratios is a licensing requirement and honestly this situation was completely avoidable.

If they are upset and angry at you, they have a right to be. It's not their fault you choose to operate over ratios.

I'm not trying to make you feel any worse than you probably already do but this is definitely one situation where the family has every right to be ticked.

Hoping they take it well.
daycarediva 09:11 AM 11-10-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
It's unfortunate for them and while I understand they will be upset, you can't really blame them. Following ratios is a licensing requirement and honestly this situation was completely avoidable.

If they are upset and angry at you, they have a right to be. It's not their fault you choose to operate over ratios.

I'm not trying to make you feel any worse than you probably already do but this is definitely one situation where the family has every right to be ticked.

Hoping they take it well.
yup.

If possible, can you let another family go instead of three children? How many kids are you over?
Tags:provider responsibility, ratios
Reply Up