Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Book Club - Reviews / Suggestions

Book Club - Reviews / Suggestions What books and stories do you like best. Reviews are welcome.

Old 10-31-2012, 11:10 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Default Books I Recommend

I have an 8 year old who is quite bossy/sassy with me. Basically thinks she can rule the roost here and when she can't the sassy's come out in full force. She also cops an attitude when I can't/won't do something immediately. Additionally she thinks that everybody else should do things for her but heaven forbid she do anything for others. Given that I thought I would recommend the following books for anyone else who has these issues:

1. Babushka's Doll by Patricia Polacco. ISBN: 0-689-80255-2. Published by Aladdin Paperbacks

Natasha isn't really a bad girl. It's just that she wants to play on the swing NOW, not after the laundry is done. She wants a ride in the goat cart NOW, not after the wash has been hung up to dry. And she wants her soup NOW, not after the goats have been fed. Looking after Natasha keeps Babushka, Natasha's grandmother, very busy.

Then, after lunch, Natasha notices a doll sitting on Babushka's shelf...a doll Babushka tells Natasha she played with just once when she was a little girl. When Natasha plays with the doll while Babushka goes to the store for groceries, she discovers why once is enough with Babushka's doll...and finds out just how tiring it can be to take care of a child who wants everything NOW.

2. Sassafras by Stephen Cosgrove illustrated by Robin James. ISBN: 0-8431-2302-8. Published by Price Stern Sloan

Kindness is always appreciated more than sarcasm.

3. The Muffin Muncher by Stephen Cosgrove illustrated by Robin James. ISBN: 0-8431-0561-5. Published by Price/Stern/Sloan

Helping others makes it easier for them to help you.
Old 08-13-2017, 11:38 PM
Daycare.com Member

Everyone of us knows this child, and they’re so frustrating at times. Thanks for the recommendation!
Old 09-09-2020, 07:15 AM
chasingkites

The last book I've read was Cloud Atlas. Currently, I don't have enough time, so I mostly read to articles about celebrities and interviews

Last edited by Blackcat31; 09-09-2020 at 09:16 AM.

Tags
book suggestions, books, bossy, empathy, sassy