Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Need Advice On Children Misbehaving During Tours With New Clients. PLEASE HELP!!!!!
JLH 09:42 AM 02-13-2013
Yesterday I did a tour and completely bombed it. I really needed it to go well and it was all going well until 2 children started acting out. I have a 2 and a half year old boy with obvious signs of being developmentally delayed (he doesn't talk yet and has no social skills). He always pushes the other kids and he's bigger than most of them. He pushed someone in front of the parent that was doing the tour and then when we took him into the kitchen to calm down, he proceeded to throw a massive tantrum on the floor yelling and crying, and even tried to hit my assistant. The other child that was acting up is a 4 year old boy that has figured out I won't correct him or say no in front of tours and parents. Now he acts out every time a tour comes. Plus, he wants all the attention, all the time. He's cost me a few tours now with his behavior. He started running in the house and asking things over and over, like if he could run in the house or scream in the house. Questions that he obviously knew the answer would be no to, but he wanted to see if I would really say no in front of a tour. So... what do I do? I just got re-licensed and reopened my daycare 5 months ago. I can't really afford to let go of these kids but they're causing me to lose tours and making me lose money at the same time when I'm still trying to get full. What do you guys do with kids that misbehave a lot during tours? Does anyone have any advice? My group is mostly boys that are around 2 to 3 years old so attention spans only last about 3 minutes. If I keep the kids busy I can't focus on the person that is coming over for the tour but if I don't keep the kids busy they go crazy and it looks bad. I feel trapped in a no win situation. By the way, this is our only source of income for a family of 5 so failure is not an option. We NEED to be full and can't keep losing tours.
Tags:interview tour
Up