Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Who's Here Chart
kpa0627 05:38 PM 09-19-2010
I'm trying to find a who's here chart. Something like this one
http://www.lakeshorelearning.com/seo...ganization.jsp

But it is discontinued.
Does anyone else have something like this?
melskids 03:49 AM 09-20-2010
i usually make all those things myself with clip art. ( calendar, weather chart, etc.) i have turtles on their cubbies (with velcro) with their names on them. they take them off and find their name on the name chart, on another wall, and put it next to it. if you get what i'm trying to say....lol
Michael 01:30 PM 09-20-2010
More chart posts: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=charts
Abigail 09:38 PM 09-20-2010
Originally Posted by melskids:
i usually make all those things myself with clip art. ( calendar, weather chart, etc.) i have turtles on their cubbies (with velcro) with their names on them. they take them off and find their name on the name chart, on another wall, and put it next to it. if you get what i'm trying to say....lol
Do you have a picture of what your chart looks like? Do you have them put it back on their cubby when they leave? What a great idea to make it yourself.
melskids 05:59 AM 09-21-2010
no...my camera is broken at the moment

but the turtles are just a template i found on one of those lesson planning sites, i want to say www.dltk-teach.com , but i dont remember, and i printed them out on green construction paper. i wrote their names on them, and then laminated them, and put a piece of velcro on the back ( and on their cubbies)

the poster is just a piece of posterboard from the $$ store. i printed out a heading that says " who's here today?" and glued it to the top. then i typed their names in different colors, and glued them all over the posterboard. theni laminated the whole thing and put velcro next to each name.

they dont usually put them back at pickup, only cause we are outside then, but that is a cute idea.

you could do a million other ideas now that i''m thinking about it. frogs on lily pads, hot air balloons on clouds, dogs and bones, leaves on a tree, bear paws, farm animals on a barn, or even actual pictures of the child. oh no- now i want to redo the poster!!....lol
Crystal 07:17 AM 09-21-2010
Mine is simple and intended for children to learn o recognize their own names. I print out a picture of each child and glue to a piece of cardstock, then write their name, laminate and as they arrive, or in circle time, they place their namecard in a pocketchart hanging on the wall. I have a "who is here today" card and a "Who is not here today" card in the pocket chart. Then they can also add number here, and number not here today.
WImom 10:34 AM 09-21-2010
I have some lilypads cutouts I got at the teacher store and then took pictures of the kids. They take there pictures and put it on a lily pad (Lily pad's are glued onto poster board). I use velcro on the backs of the pictures. Then I have a sign at the top that says 'Who here today?'.
Tags:charts
Reply Up