Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>This Is What You Call A Friend :(
temom 10:02 AM 05-17-2012
A DCM and I became friends over the last two yrs, her kid use to come to me part time, she lost her job and i helped her start her own daycare. even started sending one of my most amazing dcp to her as back up. background is that her kid has special issue n she wanted to send him to my son's school so my son could make the experience easier on her son. So for the last 2 yrs her son is attending my son's school even though its not his home school becuase she has told the school her son still comes to my daycare so that he can keep attending the school. start of this yr i told her she needs to take my name off because it could cause problems for me and the whole ratio of kids that come to my dc. she got upset, next thing u know even though i told her my dck that goes to her as back up wasn't ready to be potty trained comes wearing pull ups to my place. well the dcm said he was doing so good with her all week n i need to contd. which was a total disater. next the second set of dcp i had walk into my house screaming n yelling that i sleep on the job, i hit their kids and r not going to pay me for that month of service i gave them. And all this was out of the blue. Now the first set of dcp comes back after my day off and dcm goes off on me saying that the up bringing that i m doing with her child is horrible n she is having issues with me n is not happy, mind you this dck has been with me since he was 1, now he is 4. his mum had cancer so he had been practially living at my house, so i was very shocked with what she had to say. here is the kicker. I recently found out that my friend had been talking about me to these moms. the one that ran without paying she messaged the dcm on face. book and said crap to her. I am in total shock that how can someone do something to a friend, only because i refused to break rules for her kid. she bought my whole life crashing down.
B Lou 10:11 AM 05-17-2012
That's terrible. I am so very sorry that your friend would do this to you.
I guess if it was me I would confront her and ask her "WHY".
I have issues with a friend of mine as well. But believe me it is better to confront her than to listen to what others say. I fond out that what others were saying wasn't always the truth. Just a reminder.
If those other parents were that quick to listen to your friend then they are not the DCP that you want in your home anyway.
Again I'm sorry your having to deal with this. (((HUGS)))
JenNJ 10:14 AM 05-17-2012
You need to sue her. Honestly, this is 100% unacceptable.
temom 10:16 AM 05-17-2012
Thank you B lou, i tried to talk to her but she isn't answer the phone, or my e-mails, text. i walked up to her house and she wouldn't even open the door, its not that i am desparte to be her friend i am just soooo mad. thanks for your kind words.
Lilbutterflie 10:21 AM 05-17-2012
Ask the dcp's exactly what she told them. If these false statements were done through facebook, ask the dcp's to print off the conversations for you. Then, check with a lawyer to see what the slander laws are where you are from. Perhaps you have a case, perhaps not. Confront her on it, too!

I agree that if the dcp's were that quick to believe her without talking to you about it first, then they really aren't the type of people you want in your daycare anyway.
B Lou 10:22 AM 05-17-2012
well at least she can't say you didn't try. After the day is done, sit back drink a cool drink, take a deep breath, and then in your own head tell her to bite it. . Then just let it go. Some friends really were never really friends in the first place. And really just aren't worth your time.
temom 10:35 AM 05-17-2012
thanks guys, naa not going to bother with her, I am a very God fearing person and i believe people like these don't get very far without karma biting their ass. the ones that took the money for sure going after them. Lesson learned next set of DCP or DCK aren't going to be treated like family, its going to be all business. Just keep me in your thoughts and prayers. and thank you soo much for listening it feels a lot better to get it out of my system.
B Lou 10:46 AM 05-17-2012
Keeping the thoughts and prayers going your way.
Reply Up