Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Ink Club vs Epson
BrynleeJean 02:58 PM 04-27-2018
I'm part of the HP ink club but I'm not really a fan of the HP printer just because I'm impatient but the ink club is reasonably priced. can't complain is all i can say, except for the speed of the printer.. so slow.

I love the epson speed and the front and back printing, wifi mobile printing and scanning, and how much paper it holds but the ink can get expensive and harder to find.
I've seen the ECO TANK ones at like costco that supposedly hold 2 years of ink in it at a time but idk

so what do y'all think just economy wise i guess?
ecotank or hp ink club?
284878 05:48 AM 04-28-2018
I personally like HP over Epson printer. I opted out of the house ink club. I didn't like the club dictating how much I could print each month. Plus I found ink for my printer on eBay for 40-50% less than the local stores.
Seriously after the club fees, are you really saving any money?
ErnestFlores 03:19 PM 05-02-2018
I really think laser is the way to go. They are sooooo much cheaper than inkjet printers. Just have a look yourself on the internet. The cartridges are like ~$8 USD and print around 3000 pages.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...s=laser+printe
284878 04:34 AM 05-03-2018
Originally Posted by ErnestFlores:
I really think laser is the way to go. They are sooooo much cheaper than inkjet printers. Just have a look yourself on the internet. The cartridges are like ~$8 USD and print around 3000 pages.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...s=laser+printe
Laser printers are nice but for the ones that you linked, they only print in black and the toner for the first one in the list is $75.
A laser printer that does color printing cost more than an inkjet printer.
Laser printers can also be piticular but are really good printers, so if you don't mind not having any color, they are nice to have.
happymom 07:59 AM 05-03-2018
Black and white laser printers are great if you don't need color. You can buy non-branded toner for around a third of the cost of name brand and it's just as good. I buy a 3 pack on amazon.

I manage a business for a small company with 8 computers all connected to one HP laser printer. We print A LOT. I replace the printer about every 2-3 years. We used a Brother for years, but recently switched to a HP LaserJet Pro M426 because Brother changed their extended warranty protection plan (which we always buy, because the printers seem to crap out). Again, no color, but the toner cartridges last forever...even for our business.
CityGarden 09:40 AM 05-03-2018
For my program our printer has to be COLOR!

I replaced a personal use Canon printer for a HP printer with Instant Ink due to cost savings. I have the highest plan and love that I never need to think about ink.... I also never have to pay extra with the plan I have & if I don't use that many pages one month they roll over...

I also considered this Brother Color Laser Printer which has a fast print speed, holds a lot more paper than my HP printer, and the print quality is nice ---- It is $200+ and toner is expensive ($60-$70 per color) when it needs to be replaced so I have held off on the purchase of it.

Comparing the two cost wise with HP Instant Ink I get 300 pages color or black and white does not matter for $10 per month ($120 per year) which is not an amount that impacts my budget at all. With the Brother Color Laser I assume the cost per page is less but replacing the toners all at once (based on the prices at Best Buy) is about $240 + tax which would be felt in the budget. Also the initial purchase prince of the Color Laser is more expensive.

I do think at some point if I continue in this business, I will likely invest in a color laser because they print so fast and don't bleed like ink jet printers but I do think my budget will feel it more. In the meantime I am enjoying my HP with Instant Ink and not ever having to think do I have ink when my dd has a last minute homework assignment or I need to print something for my business.
Tags:ink, printer, printer ink
Reply Up