Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Letting A Family Go After The First Day!
Rocksanne327 01:52 PM 05-18-2018
I am sitting here relieved the kids have finally gone to sleep... A new family started today that was referred to me by another client who I adore. The new family has 2 kids ages 4.5 year old girl and 18 month old boy.

I'm so frustrated and angry at myself for not being more diligent before agreeing to care for these children. Now my dkkids are miserable and so am I.

Never have I met a more defiant 4 year old. No structure at all and constantly back talks and is rude to the other kids. She just tears through the house and tried to pull out all the toys in about 5.2 seconds. I had to be very firm when I spoke to her to get her to listen. She is in need of major structure and someone to do school with her. She is so far behind! If I were to keep her on she would be my oldest kids (not counting babies) and the furthest behind. She is starting Kindergarten in the fall and I don't think her parents are aware that it's not going to be good.

I was told at drop off that the 18 mo boy has "seasonal allergies" so he has been sneezing and not feeling great. I suspect they dosed him with Tylenol and sent him to me. He now has a fever of 99.7 and is lethargic. I called mom and she claims she is too busy and won't be able to get him! My policy is 100 or over pick up. I don't understand! I would be johnny on the spot to get my sick baby. Of course I wouldn't have sent them to care to begin with....

When mom comes to pick them up I need to tell her its not going to work out. This is more of a rant than a question. I hate that I put myself and my other dckids in this situation. I'm wondering how honest I should be? or just say "its not a good fit"?
Tags:terminating - trial period
Up