Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Rotating Toys Schedule
284878 10:09 PM 07-28-2018
I am trying to get a system in place on rotating toys. I purchased 6 totes to organize toys for rotating. But I am not sure which way to implement the totes for rotation. The totes are clear so I can see into them.
Should I fill them by rotation or age groups of toys or type of toys?
Which way so you do it? How do you pull toys for rotation? How often do you rotate?
DaveA 08:07 AM 07-29-2018
I rotate out something every weekend. It may be one or two things or half the classroom. There is no set rhyme or reason to it. I just go off of what has been out a while, what are kids really playing with, and what have I noticed is getting left on the shelf most of the time.
Josiegirl 02:26 PM 07-29-2018
I don't normally rotate toys a lot(downsized enough that I'm happy now with the amount I have)but I like Dave's take on it. If you place the unused toys out of view for awhile, they'll become like new again. We always seem to go through phases here where certain things get played with often then they get tired of them or their interests change. That'd be a good time to rotate them out of play, if I had the room. Usually they're toys I've picked up at yard sales so I end up just giving them away.
We have our basic stuff out always, such as Legos, cars, dolls, all kinds of blocks, etc., because everything gets played with.
Tags:rotating toys
Reply Up