Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Potty Training
Kkids 04:47 AM 04-04-2018
I have a 4 1/2 year old that wets his pants everyday! poops his pants at least once a week . Grandma doesn't seem to be concerned at all until I told her to bring me some pull ups !
Feeling guilty , need some advice .
Blackcat31 06:04 AM 04-04-2018
Originally Posted by Kkids:
I have a 4 1/2 year old that wets his pants everyday! poops his pants at least once a week . Grandma doesn't seem to be concerned at all until I told her to bring me some pull ups !
Feeling guilty , need some advice .
No need to feel guilty.

I require pull ups or diapers until the child can use the bathroom regularly with out accidents.
It's unsanitary and gross to have poop and pee on your floor so requiring absorbent underclothing is appropriate.

Was grandma not aware that the child was having daily accidents? Does the child live with grandma or with parents?
Kkids 08:38 AM 04-04-2018
Yes the child lives with Grandma, and yes she knows he pees his pant every day . I think that I have been very patient with him and potty training but I am just sick of cleaning up the mess! She thinks putting him in a pull up will set him back even further with the training . He has been in training for a year !!
TheMisplacedMidwestMom 08:43 AM 04-04-2018
Yes the child lives with Grandma, and yes she knows he pees his pant every day . I think that I have been very patient with him and potty training but I am just sick of cleaning up the mess! She thinks putting him in a pull up will set him back even further with the training . He has been in training for a year !!
If it makes her feel better, have her put undies under the pull-up so he still "feels" them. Then when you take it off, bag the whole thing (pull up, diaper, the mess) and send home for clean up.
Blackcat31 09:25 AM 04-04-2018
Other than doing what MidwesternMom said above another tactic for this issue is to tell grandma he can wear underwear but ONLY if she puts down a $300 deposit so that you can have your carpet, rugs and floors professionally cleaned after each accident.

If he has another accident, another $300 deposit is needed. If grandma is confident in his abilities then she should have no issues putting down a deposit for carpet cleaning. If she doesn't want to pay a deposit, she can send the money on pull ups then. HER choice.

I know it's extreme but honestly it's tiring when others feel that your home should be subject to toileting accidents simply because a parent or grandparent feels the child will regress.... a truly potty trained child will not regress simply because he/she has to wear protective covering over their underwear. It's just not a theory that has much supportive evidence.
Kkids 09:38 AM 04-04-2018
Thanks so much ! I have been doing this long enough to know better than to feel guilty but just needed to have some reassurance for other daycare providers.
Tags:potty training
Reply Up