Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>When People Inquire About Your Daycare But You're Full
nanglgrl 07:23 PM 10-25-2012
I'm full and have been for a while. I don't anticipate any opening soon but you know how daycare is! My question is if someone calls right now should I:
1. Tell them I don't have openings and direct them to my webpage.
2. Ask for their e-mail address, send them an e-mail thanking them for the inquiry, state I have no openings at this time but that I can add them to my waiting list and include a link to my webpage.
3. ?

Also, I belong to a lot of different Facebook groups and it seems that every day someone is making a post about needing childcare. Since I don't have openings should I:
1. Ignore the post.
2. post a link to my webpage
3. ?
lovemykidstoo 07:28 PM 10-25-2012
I always tell them that I don't have any openings at the moment, but I would be glad to keep their name and number and call them if an opening becomes available. I tell them you never know even though I don't plan on it for awhile. I have had people that I didn't expect to leave until their child goes to kindergarten leave because they got transferred to another state, so you never know.
Cat Herder 07:48 PM 10-25-2012
I take their information and let them know I will contact them should an opening come up.

I keep them on a waiting list and enroll first come first serve.

Unless I get too many red flags.
Crazy8 07:53 PM 10-25-2012
I usually direct them to my public fb page and tell them I usually post about upcoming openings there before anywhere else. If I don't get a good vibe right off the bat I just say I'm sorry, I don't have any openings" and leave it at that.
littlemissmuffet 07:55 PM 10-25-2012
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I take their information and let them know I will contact them should an opening come up.

This is how I do things as well!
MarinaVanessa 08:16 PM 10-25-2012
"Thank you for considering my daycare. At the moment I do not have any openings but if I can get your information I would like to put you on my waiting list. I'm not expecting any openings but you just never know when one might open up."

This is sort of my general response to emails, phone calls or messages in facebook when I don't have an opening.
Blackcat31 08:43 AM 10-26-2012
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:

Same here.
SunshineMama 09:17 AM 10-26-2012
Originally Posted by nanglgrl:
I'm full and have been for a while. I don't anticipate any opening soon but you know how daycare is! My question is if someone calls right now should I:
1. Tell them I don't have openings and direct them to my webpage.
2. Ask for their e-mail address, send them an e-mail thanking them for the inquiry, state I have no openings at this time but that I can add them to my waiting list and include a link to my webpage.
3. ?

Also, I belong to a lot of different Facebook groups and it seems that every day someone is making a post about needing childcare. Since I don't have openings should I:
1. Ignore the post.
2. post a link to my webpage
3. ?
I always take their information and tell them that I will reach out to them when I do have an opening, in the event that they are still interested. I have a pretty long list now too- I bet when I do have an opening i will be able to fill it (I hope)
SunflowerMama 10:57 AM 10-26-2012
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
I always tell them that I don't have any openings at the moment, but I would be glad to keep their name and number and call them if an opening becomes available. I tell them you never know even though I don't plan on it for awhile. I have had people that I didn't expect to leave until their child goes to kindergarten leave because they got transferred to another state, so you never know.
I do this!
Tags:advertising, openings
Reply Up