Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>"Because You Are The Mommy....."
Golden Rule 07:12 AM 06-25-2010
A bit of Friday fun.... But, somedays I would really like a shirt logo that says this...

Join me in posting your FAQ'S that can only be fittingly and honestly answered with "Because you are the Mommy"... Just so there are no hard feelings know that I, too, am the Mommy of 3 and have received this soberring answer in the past

I will start:

1. Why should I have to waste my free time having to discipline behavior that only occurs in daycare? He/she never does this at home.....

2. Why should I have to miss work when he/she probably caught this illness from his/her friend at your daycare? It is not my fault.....

3. Why do I have to tell him/her that he/she cannot bring/wear his/her favorite toy/hairbow/high heeled/open toed shoes etc. when it is your policy? I don't like to hear them cry before I have to go to work....

I know you guys have more.....looking forward to them!!!
melissa ann 07:26 AM 06-25-2010
1. why does my grandson have to nap at your place when he doesn't at home? Besides, he's 4 and doesnt' need one.
professionalmom 08:22 AM 06-25-2010
1. Why do I have to find alternate care for him/her when you (daycare provider) take a week of vacation after giving me 3 months notice? (S)He is your responsibility Mon - Fri from 7:30a - 4:30p (no joke - DCM told me this!)

2. Why do I have to feed my child before bringing him/her to you for care 10 minutes after you cleaned the other children up from their meal/snack?

I'll come up with more. I'm having a really rough day and can't think too clearly. When I get back on top of my game, watch out. I will have a lot more.
Greenshadow 08:52 AM 06-25-2010
Why do I have to continue potty training my child at home? She wont do it for me. She only does it for you!
sahm2three 09:33 AM 06-25-2010
Why is dropping the kids off 20 minutes early a big deal?

Who is going to watch my child when you take your vacation? (The vacation that is posted in my handbook that is our annual vacation. They are supposed to read the handbook BEFORE they sign the contract. After a couple months of my caring for their children they FINALLY get a chance to read over the handbook and are now concerned that they don't have care for the two weeks I will be gone. I state in my contract that they are responsible for finding alternate care during that time. UGH!)

Where is my child's toy that they brought yesterday? It didn't come home with them. (It is also in my handbook that no outside toys are to be brought except for on Show and Tell days. Then they only get the toy during show and tell. If your child smuggles a toy in without my knowledge, sorry charlie, I am not going to spend time looking for it.)

I will try to think of more. TGIF!
boysx5 09:47 AM 06-25-2010
I had one mom say once oh you must sit around and laugh all day at them

why are you off on a holiday when you know their off but would rather not spend the day with their child
melissa ann 10:43 AM 06-25-2010
So, you're closed thanks day and day after? were you closed last year? (yes, since I started in Mar 2008)
Sorry, I'm late, I mowed the grass. (after closing time and upset that I had the kids all ready to go and waiting on the porch)
momma2girls 10:46 AM 06-25-2010
Why can't I just bring along her breakfast for her?
Why do you get paid on Holidays?
Why do you get vac. days?
Why I can't pick up late sometimes? Will there be a problem with this?
Why can't I just bring their food with them?
WHy can't I come early?
Why do I have to call if picking up early?
Why do I have to call if dropping off 3 hrs. late?
Why do you need a paid 2 week notice?
Why do I need to pay you a 2 week deposit to hold a spot for the summer?
Why can't she just sleep from 10-11:00 and that is it everyday
THe list goes on and on....
Tags:behavior, discipline, excuses, vent
Reply Up