Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Vacations
LindseyA 03:31 PM 03-25-2015
My husband has been working at his job for 10 years now and got an extra week of vacation time. His total per year is now 4 weeks vacation, 5 sick and 5 personal. I only give myself 2 weeks vacation, 3 sick (which I never use!) and 2 personal each year. I am so tempted to add in another week (at least!) of vacation time. What do all of you take each year? Just curious!
Ariana 03:35 PM 03-25-2015
My husband gets 5 weeks and 10 personal/sick days so I gave myself 4 weeks unpaid. I made it unpaid just to save the hassle of people taking issue with it. I also made one of the weeks be consistently at Christmas time.
LysesKids 03:43 PM 03-25-2015
Originally Posted by Ariana:
My husband gets 5 weeks and 10 personal/sick days so I gave myself 4 weeks unpaid. I made it unpaid just to save the hassle of people taking issue with it. I also made one of the weeks be consistently at Christmas time.
I take a total of 4 weeks vacay/holidays and charge 48 weeks a year. 2 of those weeks are done over major holiday times so I can see family in other states, plus I need down time in order not to burn out. I just bumped my pay a few $ weekly in order to cover the "unpaid time"
Thriftylady 06:48 PM 03-25-2015
I have in my contract for two weeks unpaid. But with DH's job he just started his second year for this company so he only gets one week. NO paid holidays and no sick or personal days. I will likely never take a week of vacation, just something we haven't done much. IF I do it will be to go in the truck with DH, but I hate to because getting home can be an issue.
Unregistered 07:25 PM 03-25-2015
I take 2 weeks of winter break, and 1 week of spring or summer break, 6 personal/sick days, Thanksgiving, day after Thanksgiving, Christmas eve, Christmas day, and New Year's day. All paid days. I am also closed on Fridays!
jenboo 07:41 PM 03-25-2015
Last year I took a week off during summer and 2.5 at Christmas time. All unpaid.

It was glorious!
Josiegirl 03:01 AM 03-26-2015
Le sigh

I need to take vacation time. Usually it's just a day here or there when I need to make an appt. or have something going on; at Christmas I took a 5 day weekend.
LindseyA 04:23 AM 03-26-2015
I am loving the sound of those of you that take 4 wks off a year!! I usually use most of my vacation time in the summer (2 wks) because we love to go camping. But I would also like to take time off for Christmas (not just my normal Christmas eve and Christmas day). From the sounds of it, if I take one more week that's pretty reasonable. Thanks for the input girls!!
LysesKids 04:52 AM 03-26-2015
Originally Posted by LindseyA:
I am loving the sound of those of you that take 4 wks off a year!! I usually use most of my vacation time in the summer (2 wks) because we love to go camping. But I would also like to take time off for Christmas (not just my normal Christmas eve and Christmas day). From the sounds of it, if I take one more week that's pretty reasonable. Thanks for the input girls!!
As I get older, I get wiser lol. I use to only get one week & certain holidays, but then I was moving states every 18 -24 months too ( I am a traveler). I actually just started doing the 4 weeks total in the last 4 years, but I need that full 10 days ( including weekends & a Monday Holiday ) come May. Gives me time to visit family, tear my closets apart & leave them that way for a few days (organizing) and having a yard sale all without babies around lol
LindseyA 06:02 AM 03-26-2015
Ugh, ten days in May (to organize!! ) sounds absolutely heavenly!
LysesKids 06:58 AM 03-26-2015
Originally Posted by LindseyA:
Ugh, ten days in May (to organize!! ) sounds absolutely heavenly!
I will probably just organize 4 or 5 days... I will be in MD for 3 days & that's 8 hrs up & 8 hrs back; I'm organizing so I can sell the extra stuff at our community yard sale. My other long vacation (inc weekends) covers Christmas & New Years.
Unregistered 07:04 AM 03-26-2015
I took 13 days last year between summer Christmas and one day of spring break with dd. I plan to add 2-3 days for next year!
Kimskiddos 07:35 AM 03-26-2015
I have 2 unpaid weeks, like LyesesKids tuition is averaged over the year. I have 5 personal/sick days and take off 9 for holidays.

We take a ski vacation around the first week of March. If we don't go to the mountains we will go camping for the week of Spring Break (I have teachers and dcf's with SAs, works for everyone). Then I take another week in late summer or early fall. Our anniversary is mid September, we often find a beach. Then I use up my personal/sick days around Christmas.

Been at this for nearly 30 years and I am thinking 4 weeks sounds way better! Hmmm, may just make the week between Christmas & New Years paid holiday time and save the personal days for a summer vacation. Camping in the mountains in the summer is awesome, it's so hot here then.
Reply Up