Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Pet Peeves
LindseyA 02:28 PM 05-12-2015
I don't have very many pet peeves, but... Anytime it's snack time or lunch/breakfast I cringe at all the crunching, munching, smacking lips... Agh. I have one sweet soon to be 5yr old who chews with her lips closed but I swear shes one of the loudest when it's something crunchy. I sometimes have to leave to table at lunch to clean up the dishes or wipe counters just distract me from all the noise! My husband is a loud eater too. Am I the one? It's driving me crazy
Kimskiddos 02:32 PM 05-12-2015
Originally Posted by LindseyA:
I don't have very many pet peeves, but... Anytime it's snack time or lunch/breakfast I cringe at all the crunching, munching, smacking lips... Agh. I have one sweet soon to be 5yr old who chews with her lips closed but I swear shes one of the loudest when it's something crunchy. I sometimes have to leave to table at lunch to clean up the dishes or wipe counters just distract me from all the noise! My husband is a loud eater too. Am I the one? It's driving me crazy
Nope, I'm right there with you! I try and train the kiddos but dh is the noisiest eater ever! Yuck!!
Josiegirl 02:35 PM 05-12-2015
You're not the only one!! Although it's not the normal eating sounds that bother me. It's the bad habit eating sounds. I have a couple of really sloppy eaters and I swear they get more on them than in them. One little girl is the worst and she will NOT keep her mouth closed when eating so everyone gets to see her mess. Ick.
scorp122 04:41 PM 05-12-2015
I totally am right there with the rest of you, and our food program wants us to sit and eat with the kids, there is just absolutely no way, the smacking of lips is the absolute worse!!
Baby Beluga 04:49 PM 05-12-2015
I have this same thought every.single.day.

I hate the sound of people eating or chewing. Especially children who do not chew with their mouths closed. So gross
LindseyA 05:39 PM 05-12-2015
Whew! Glad others feel this way too. I try to sit with the kids at lunch time (they love it when I sit with them!) but it literally lasts 2 long minutes before I get up and start cleaning! I feel bad, but I seriously cannot take the chomping.
Reply Up