Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Love Bye Bye Outside
lovemykidstoo 05:11 AM 04-30-2019
I have a 22 month old dcb. He normally comes in just fine, but mom stands there and talks for about 10 minutes. I like her just fine, she's very nice, but I honestly don't like standing there talking about nothing really for 10 minutes. Just drop him off, go to work. She's here on the dot of when I open. So once in awhile he comes in and throws a horrible fit. He wants to stay outside, he wants her, etc. My husband works 2nd shift, so I like to keep it quiet. I've posted before about her. She's a loud talker. So last time, she bent over him as he throwing a fit and is so loud. She's talking to him, it's ok honey, momma loves you, it's ok honey so I texted her after she left and said if he does it again, we're doing bye bye outside. She said ok. So today I open the door and he gives me that look. I stepped right in front of the door and put my hands out. I said I'll take him. SEnt her a pic of him 30 seconds later all smiles. lol. She says what a silly boy lol. She had a rough time with him at home this morning.
nannyde 05:29 AM 04-30-2019

If she doesn't leave for ten minutes then she doesn't need to drop off until then. Maybe when she realizes she can't come in and have that kind of time with you she will start dropping him off when she needs to.
lovemykidstoo 05:49 AM 04-30-2019
Originally Posted by nannyde:

If she doesn't leave for ten minutes then she doesn't need to drop off until then. Maybe when she realizes she can't come in and have that kind of time with you she will start dropping him off when she needs to.
Exactly. That's not even to mention that she pulls in at 7:27 and does who knows what outside for 3 minutes and walks in exactly at 7:30.
knoxmomof2 08:14 AM 04-30-2019
One of my first clients would stay for up to an hour! I was new and didn't know how to stand up to her. She did not take subtle hints at all. I actually did a post on it here.. Lol...

I finally made some changes, like where drop off and pick up happened, that allowed me to dismiss her in the name of getting back to the kids. With new parents, I stress the importance of short drop off and pick up and it has been GREAT!
Tags:bye bye outside
Reply Up