Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>It's Gonna Be One of Those Days!
Meeko 09:48 AM 02-12-2016
DCB: (crying loudly): "Owie! Owieeeee!!!!!"

ME: What's wrong?!!!

DCB: She pointed at me!
Cat Herder 09:53 AM 02-12-2016
Love it!!

I have one refusing to play because another got a new baby at home. "It's not fair!"
Josiegirl 09:55 AM 02-12-2016
Oh dear!

My 4 yo dcg, all day long yesterday, sang the Grinch song to me about me.
Annalee 09:55 AM 02-12-2016
Originally Posted by Meeko:

Yep, it is gonna be one of those days. I question whether I will ever have another party. 4 out of 10 parents either "forgot" their valentines or brought them not filled out. There are signs all over the place along with a monthly newsletter and a text sent out with reminder. How do some of these parents get up in the morning or put their clothes on????? No, I will NOT wait for you to bring the valentines nor will I fill them out for you! "Poor management on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine".
Josiegirl 09:59 AM 02-12-2016
Originally Posted by Annalee:
Yep, it is gonna be one of those days. I question whether I will ever have another party. 4 out of 10 parents either "forgot" their valentines or brought them not filled out. There are signs all over the place along with a monthly newsletter and a text sent out with reminder. How do some of these parents get up in the morning or put their clothes on????? No, I will NOT wait for you to bring the valentines nor will I fill them out for you! "Poor management on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine".
UGH! Last year we didn't do Valentines because of reasons like this. And this year I had them make them here for each other.
laundrymom 10:09 AM 02-12-2016
Sorry it didn't go well for you guys. We made a project valentine for parents that took two whole weeks. Simple, corny, an almost no cost type thing. But it was PROCESS ART. Not Project art.

We had cut flowers (day mom actually brought me a bouquet a few weeks ago that we used).
We disassembled them.
Spread them to dry.
We fluffed them daily. Moving them so they could dry evenly.
That took a week. We made a whole unit lesson out of it.
The following Monday we chose card stock.
I made a heart shape out of glue.
They chose flowers and filled the heart.
We let it dry.
We painted the edges.
Drew on them. Etc.
and sent them home today.
It was so wonderful.
DaveA 10:22 AM 02-12-2016
Originally Posted by Meeko:

I think I used to care for that kid. He once cried because another DCB was "Breathing". Not on him, just breathing.

Hope the rest of the day goes either smooth or quick. Preferably both.
Thriftylady 10:25 AM 02-12-2016
Originally Posted by DaveArmour:
I think I used to care for that kid. He once cried because another DCB was "Breathing". Not on him, just breathing.

Hope the rest of the day goes either smooth or quick. Preferably both.
LOL I find this funny because not long ago DH asked me "what did I do????". I was so flustered that day and said... "you are breathing dear". Of course we both had a much needed laugh lol.
Tags:friday, funny
Reply Up