Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>DCM Shows Up 20 Min Early hahahaha
midaycare 05:25 AM 09-26-2017
Me, taking my 2 huge dogs out to their kennel at 7:10, 20 minutes before I open...I see a car pulling in the driveway. It's a newer dcm. My dcfs know better.

I wait for her to roll down the window.

Dcm: I'm early, but dad couldn't drop off today and left me to drop off both kids.

Me: Okay, well I almost never open before 7:30. I'm taking the dogs to their kennel and then going on a quick errand.

Dcm: Oh, okay. I'll wait.

Me: Okay. See you soon.

I walk the dogs away and dcm decides to leave. Dcm had every intention of dropping 20 minutes early. I have no doubt dcm would have knocked on the door, handed me her kid, and said, "I'm in such a rush, sorry!"

Turns out she wasn't even in a rush at 7:30. Stayed to chat
lovemykidstoo 05:27 AM 09-26-2017
Originally Posted by midaycare:
Me, taking my 2 huge dogs out to their kennel at 7:10, 20 minutes before I open...I see a car pulling in the driveway. It's a newer dcm. My dcfs know better.

Dcm: I'm early, but dad couldn't drop off today and left me to drop off both kids.

Me: Okay, well I almost never open before 7:30. I'm taking the dogs to their kennel and then going on a quick errand.

I walk the dogs away and dcm decides to leave. Dcm had every intention of dropping 20 minutes early. I have no doubt dcm would have knocked on the door, handed me her kid, and said, "I'm in such a rush, sorry!"

Good for you for standing your ground!!! Why do people think this is ok? Do they want someone coming to their work 20 minutes early? Then to stand and chat? ugh!
midaycare 05:31 AM 09-26-2017
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
Good for you for standing your ground!!! Why do people think this is ok? Do they want someone coming to their work 20 minutes early? Then to stand and chat? ugh!
Lucky for me I had my truck keys in hand, so it's a learning experience for her that I'm not just at her beck and call.

Those 20 minutes are precious right before opening. I usually prep breakfast and make ds's lunch. But today I wanted an Egg Mcmuffin
Mike 05:45 AM 09-26-2017
Lucky for me I had my truck keys in hand, so it's a learning experience for her that I'm not just at her beck and call.

Those 20 minutes are precious right before opening. I usually prep breakfast and make ds's lunch. But today I wanted an Egg Mcmuffin
Sausage McMuffin for me please.

I wonder what time she will show up tomorrow.
lovemykidstoo 05:45 AM 09-26-2017

I hear ya. I've complained about dcd that brings his kid 3 to 5 minutes early and lives 5 houses away. I now don't turn on the house lights until 7:30 on the nose lol. Every minute is precious in the morning.
Blackcat31 06:08 AM 09-26-2017

That's because she WAS in a hurry but since you made it impossible for her to drop off early she had to call work and let them know she'd be late (more than likely because her daycare provider wouldn't allow her to drop off "like 10 mins early...the nerve ) so by the time you did open she was no longer in a hurry.

I'd take this opportunity to make some sort of comment about the next time she shows up 20 minutes early to make sure she brings brings cash..... )crisp $20 bills would be nice ) as early drop off that requires early open is $5 PER MINUTE... lol!
midaycare 06:15 AM 09-26-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
That's because she WAS in a hurry but since you made it impossible for her to drop off early she had to call work and let them know she'd be late (more than likely because her daycare provider wouldn't allow her to drop off "like 10 mins early...the nerve ) so by the time you did open she was no longer in a hurry.

I'd take this opportunity to make some sort of comment about the next time she shows up 20 minutes early to make sure she brings brings cash..... )crisp $20 bills would be nice ) as early drop off that requires early open is $5 PER MINUTE... lol!
Yeah I definitely have a price and that sounds about right!
LysesKids 10:18 AM 09-26-2017
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
I hear ya. I've complained about dcd that brings his kid 3 to 5 minutes early and lives 5 houses away. I now don't turn on the house lights until 7:30 on the nose lol. Every minute is precious in the morning.
My families know if the door isn't open yet and the front porch light is on, it's too early lol.
Tags:early arrivals, funny
Reply Up