Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Termed Parents Threatening Bad Reviews
JBWWCC 11:49 AM 05-29-2018
Ugh. Where do I even start with these DCPs. They had 1 DCB who wasn't a bad kid. Very spoiled and wanted to be held constantly (2+). However he was fun to have. The parents however, could never make up their mind what day they wanted. I was already WAY over flexible with them. They had contacted me 2 weeks ago, about care starting today after Memorial day. Cool. Prices discussed, and discussed again because they changed their mind on full time. And then discussed again because they changed the days. And then discussed again because... see where I'm going with this? After that, I messaged DCD last Tuesday to make sure. "Yes, of course." I messaged Friday asking for a confirmed schedule. I was left on read. I messaged Monday at 1:30 pm. I was left on read and then BLOCKED!! Confused I sent a text. "I'm confused, what's going on?" "Oh yeah, DCM found someone else we are going to see how that works out." Finally I had had enough and sent a message to both DCPs, explaining I will no longer be working with them as they have burnt this bridge too many times. DCM exploded with the "fine your prices are outrageous and you have bad reviews anyway!" I know I shouldn't worry about it, but it's so disheartening when it was clearly their fault for being douchebagoramouses. But, I hate that they get to tell people I'm the bad one for being done with their ****.
amberrose3dg 12:43 PM 05-29-2018
Originally Posted by JBWWCC:
Ugh. Where do I even start with these DCPs. They had 1 DCB who wasn't a bad kid. Very spoiled and wanted to be held constantly (2+). However he was fun to have. The parents however, could never make up their mind what day they wanted. I was already WAY over flexible with them. They had contacted me 2 weeks ago, about care starting today after Memorial day. Cool. Prices discussed, and discussed again because they changed their mind on full time. And then discussed again because they changed the days. And then discussed again because... see where I'm going with this? After that, I messaged DCD last Tuesday to make sure. "Yes, of course." I messaged Friday asking for a confirmed schedule. I was left on read. I messaged Monday at 1:30 pm. I was left on read and then BLOCKED!! Confused I sent a text. "I'm confused, what's going on?" "Oh yeah, DCM found someone else we are going to see how that works out." Finally I had had enough and sent a message to both DCPs, explaining I will no longer be working with them as they have burnt this bridge too many times. DCM exploded with the "fine your prices are outrageous and you have bad reviews anyway!" I know I shouldn't worry about it, but it's so disheartening when it was clearly their fault for being douchebagoramouses. But, I hate that they get to tell people I'm the bad one for being done with their ****.
Sounds like you dodged a bullet.be glad you do not have to deal with them.
Blackcat31 01:12 PM 05-29-2018
But, I hate that they get to tell people I'm the bad one for being done with their ****.
Here's how I view that type thing....

The type of people I want to have as clients and that don't behave that way don't listen to what others say and tend to make their own judgments based on their own experiences.

The type of people that DO listen to that type of gossip/hearsay etc are exactly the type of people that I don't want as clients.

Technically, this family is doing you a favor by not sticking with you and by telling others.

Actions ALWAYS speak louder than words.

Hold your head up and move on. You did nothing wrong.

That family doesn't deserve any of your time.....including time spent stressing.

Kimskiddos 09:23 AM 06-01-2018
Try not to let her nastiness get to you. People often have to turn it around and place blame elsewhere when they feel rejected.

My area has a lot of up and coming (Yuppies) and many think/insist developmentally inappropriate reading/writing etc. education should start at birth. You should hear some of the extracurricular stuff some of the poor little babies are put in from the get go! When I explain I am play based and do not believe we will be a good fit, it often gets a snarky response. I've taken to not even bothering to read the snarky come back past the first sentence and just delete. Then consider it a blessing.
Ariana 10:17 AM 06-01-2018
In my experience most douchebags are douchebags to everyone so most people will give you the benefit of the doubt. I remember reading a review about a resort once and there was a lady going off on how their was seaweed on the beach...ya know the beach next to an ocean teaming with sealife No way I was listening to this crazy person. Some people have big huge neon signs above their head that tell everyone they are idiots!

Sorry you are dealing with this Hold your head up and stay classy by not responding and letting it go.
Unregistered 11:11 AM 06-01-2018
I feel for you as I am going through the same thing. I termed a family because they tried to make my schedule work for them without asking me. They also paid late several times. They are so bent out of shape and I know that they are making me out to be the bad guy to everybody. Screw them and screw the parents that are doing the same to you.
Tags:parents - do crazy things, terminate - bad fit
Reply Up