Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Ex Significant Others Who Play Games.....
sharlan 08:52 AM 07-19-2013
I am fed up with them.

I have the sweetest SA PT for the summer. She is just adorable and I would love to have her FT.

I don't really know the situation or have any background other than the child lives with her father and grandparents. Mom gets her every other week during the summer. Dad has been picking up at random times during the week when it's Mom's turn. It seems like he will pick up and not return the child when we're going somewhere special.

Today we were supposed to go to the beach. Normally we go on Thurs but we changed it because Dad picked up Wed night and was supposed to return her last night. We changed so she could go today. Guess who refused to return the child last night????

We were supposed to go whale watching on the 29. Dad already said he's keeping her home that day. We changed it to the 30th and Mom's not going to tell either one.

Mom has been really good about paying on time. She hasn't complained about having to pay FT when the dad keeps picking up the child.

I have to give Mom credit. She has not said one bad word about the dad other than - "he's a piece of work and I (she) can't do anything about it".

I totally understand about not liking your ex, but stop playing games with your child. It's unfair to drag them through the mess that you're creating.
Blackcat31 09:06 AM 07-19-2013
It definitely gets hard to deal with sometimes.

I can't begin to imagine the stress and anxiety a child feels when caught in the middle of all that

.....and if parents think kids don't pick up on all that, they are so wrong.

I guess all you can do it try your best to make things fun for the child when she is with you and let her know that you care.

(((hugs))) to you for feeling badly for her and trying to make a difference in her life.
Sugar Magnolia 09:49 AM 07-19-2013
I feel bad for the little girl. That's a shame.
I'm not sure about switching the day and not telling dad. That might majorly backfire.
Lyss 10:34 AM 07-19-2013
Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia:
I'm not sure about switching the day and not telling dad. That might majorly backfire.
I agree. Dad may take it as some sort of alliance with mom rather than what it really is. I feel for the girl, being a pawn in the drama of two parents who can't get along is not a good place to be

Off topic but can I come to your house? Whale watching and going to the beach? Sign me up!
Cradle2crayons 10:47 AM 07-19-2013
Originally Posted by Lyss:
I agree. Dad may take it as some sort of alliance with mom rather than what it really is. I feel for the girl, being a pawn in the drama of two parents who can't get along is not a good place to be

Off topic but can I come to your house? Whale watching and going to the beach? Sign me up!
Sign me up too!! When is the next field trip??
Sugar Magnolia 10:57 AM 07-19-2013
Sharlan does have some totally rocking.field trips! I think it's kinda her.specialty!
Heidi 12:08 PM 07-19-2013
I think it's okay not to tell him. Just make it sound like a last minute change afterwards.

"Hey DCD! We got to go watch the whales today! Since dcg wasn't going to be here last week, I didn't want her to miss it".
SilverSabre25 12:16 PM 07-19-2013
I almost would stop telling either parent. Tell mom that you're doing it to "be fair" with a wink and a grin...that dad is a major douche.
sharlan 03:58 PM 07-19-2013
Originally Posted by Heidi:
I think it's okay not to tell him. Just make it sound like a last minute change afterwards.

"Hey DCD! We got to go watch the whales today! Since dcg wasn't going to be here last week, I didn't want her to miss it".
I've never met Dad, don't even know his name. Dad's name isn't on any of the paperwork.
sharlan 04:01 PM 07-19-2013
Originally Posted by Cradle2crayons:
Sign me up too!! When is the next field trip??
Ok, that's my specialty. Our next trip is to Raging Waters next Tuesday.

Raging Waters - 8 trips
Movies - 7 trips
Long Beach Aquarium - 2 trips
Knott's Berry Farm - 1 trip
Picnic at the park - 2 trips
Beach - only 1 trip so far
Familycare71 09:16 PM 07-19-2013
Originally Posted by sharlan:
Ok, that's my specialty. Our next trip is to Raging Waters next Tuesday.

Raging Waters - 8 trips
Movies - 7 trips
Long Beach Aquarium - 2 trips
Knott's Berry Farm - 1 trip
Picnic at the park - 2 trips
Beach - only 1 trip so far
How fun!!! . The kids must love it!!!
Reply Up