Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Not Making It Out Of The Trial Period?
Play Care 09:16 AM 03-08-2018
I started a 2 year old a few weeks ago. Posted on the crying, making herself gag and vomit. No prior day care experience according to parents.
I do think if we had some consistency with arrival and departure times it *might* help, but mom works retail and isn't at work until later. The other issue is that only a few weeks in and 1. late payments (somewhat my fault because I was lenient given their child's transition issues) 2. coming in with bottle full of milk, paci's, etc.
She was supposed to be here today at 9:30 but I finally had to text them only to have mom text me back almost an hour later saying they were waiting for a car seat
Can I just be done? They haven't even paid for today so it's not as if I owe them. I did take a 2 day deposit but that would cover today and tomorrow (scheduled days) I feel bad but also feel like it's not my responsibility to fix this. It's a small town though and we know all the same people...
Ariana 09:20 AM 03-08-2018
Way too much to deal with!!
Play Care 09:27 AM 03-08-2018
Originally Posted by Ariana:
Way too much to deal with!!
Thank you!!! I needed to hear that!
I was feeling bad that I didn't give it more of a chance. It would be one thing if the parents were following all the rules. I could then maybe get her transitioned. But they don't. I won't do all the work.
Play Care 09:30 AM 03-08-2018
I did text mom a few minutes ago basically saying the kids were all asleep now and I assume they were coming. hoped to see them tomorrow!
She texted back saying she understood.
mamamanda 09:31 AM 03-08-2018
That's the point of a trial period. You do not want to still be dealing with these kind of issues months from now. If you feel done after 3 weeks I'd say definitely let them go. It's not worth dreading her arrival day after day.
daycarediva 09:33 AM 03-08-2018
Originally Posted by Play Care:
I did text mom a few minutes ago basically saying the kids were all asleep now and I assume they were coming. hoped to see them tomorrow!
She texted back saying she understood.
I have a retail manager's child enrolled- they wake child up, get child ready, and bring child over at the SAME TIME every morning to make the days easier. Like Mom said, Dad usually just lets her sleep in, watch tv, and play by herself in the morning ANYWAY so it's not exactly like she's missing quality time.

I say give the family the option- regular schedule or go elsewhere.
Play Care 09:49 AM 03-08-2018
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I have a retail manager's child enrolled- they wake child up, get child ready, and bring child over at the SAME TIME every morning to make the days easier. Like Mom said, Dad usually just lets her sleep in, watch tv, and play by herself in the morning ANYWAY so it's not exactly like she's missing quality time.

I say give the family the option- regular schedule or go elsewhere.
Initially I was thinking about doing that. I think if they were following the other rules (paying on time, no food/drink, etc.) I would, but since they don't I'm not feeling it.
daycarediva 11:18 AM 03-08-2018
Originally Posted by Play Care:
Initially I was thinking about doing that. I think if they were following the other rules (paying on time, no food/drink, etc.) I would, but since they don't I'm not feeling it.
and that's enough! Buh bye!
Tags:trial period
Reply Up