Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Is This Normal For 18 Month Old
countrymom 11:37 AM 10-08-2013
I usually get kids around 1 yrs old, but I have never had one that had these behaviors (she started at 11 months old)

she doesn't talk, I mean she can't say mamma or dadda--nothing. even mom noticed this

she can't wave, even thou I have showed her countless times.

she does somewhat babbles but its very far and few

she just wonders around my house and just pull toys out but doesn't play with any

she also does this thing with her hands, I'm not sure how to describe it but its like her fingers will go like a nervous habit.

she stares at you when you talk to her and smiles.
spinnymarie 11:41 AM 10-08-2013
Doesn't sound quite on target for 18 months, have her parents discussed this with their pediatrician?
MamaBearCanada 11:46 AM 10-08-2013
She doesn't seem to be meeting developmental milestones...

Here's a sample checklist:

http://www.children.gov.on.ca/htdocs..._18-month.aspx

I have heard of children who are very quiet at daycare but chatter at home. How does she fit in with the other children there? Could she just be overwhelmed or babied by the other children?
Brooksie 11:53 AM 10-08-2013
I would do her developmental screening and take it from there.
http://www.wrnmmc.capmed.mil/Health%...%20Set%20B.pdf
countrymom 12:06 PM 10-08-2013
the kids like her but she doesn't do anything or talk. The other kids talk to her, but she just smiles. She comes in the afternoon everyday so she is with a parent every single day so she gets lots of attention at home. She is the youngest of 3.
countrymom 12:10 PM 10-08-2013
wow, she sure doesn't meet alot of the milestones.

mamabearcanada---do they still have to go and get 18month shots, because if they do then mom needs to talk to dr. when she goes in. Esp. the talking part. It says that she should be able to say 20 words, she says none.
Tags:2 year old, milestones, milestones - speech, won't talk
Reply Up