Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Valentine's Day Ideas?
kitkat 06:29 AM 02-03-2010
I just realized we have to do our Valentine's Day stuff next week! Last year we did a foam picture frame, added hearts and magnet backing, and had the kids say why they love their mom/dad. I thought we did something else also, but I can't remember.

Anyone have any cute project ideas they want to share?
momma2girls 07:06 AM 02-03-2010
Originally Posted by kitkat:
I just realized we have to do our Valentine's Day stuff next week! Last year we did a foam picture frame, added hearts and magnet backing, and had the kids say why they love their mom/dad. I thought we did something else also, but I can't remember.

Anyone have any cute project ideas they want to share?
We have a Valentine's party every yr. I have all the children bring Valentine's /candy for everyone in daycare. Next week we will make paper bags for these. They can decorate these as they wish, hearts, names, etc. I have a bunch of foam letters, hearts, etc. to place on them. THen on the Valentine's party day, will have all children place each other's valentine's in each others bags!!! IT's a hit!!!! We also make heart cout out cookies and frost them that day!!
originalkat 07:31 AM 02-03-2010
We also have a party and do something similar to Iowa Daycare. I have the kids bring a shoebox and we decorate them here. Then the kids bring Valentine cards and treats to exchange at the party. We also have special treats etc...Valentines Day is my FAVORITE party of the year!!
gbcc 08:07 AM 02-03-2010
Originally Posted by Iowa daycare:
We have a Valentine's party every yr. I have all the children bring Valentine's /candy for everyone in daycare. Next week we will make paper bags for these. They can decorate these as they wish, hearts, names, etc. I have a bunch of foam letters, hearts, etc. to place on them. THen on the Valentine's party day, will have all children place each other's valentine's in each others bags!!! IT's a hit!!!! We also make heart cout out cookies and frost them that day!!
We do the exact same thing! This year the little ones will be making gifts for family. I have been saving baby food jars. We will be putting circles ontop of the baby food jars to cover the label. For instance we will be filling one jar with tootsie rolls and the circle on top will say You make me ROLL with laughter, another jar will be filled with kisses that says on top Your kisses are the sweetest! We will fill jars with about 4 different sayings and then put them in a decorated box that says Why I love you.
momma2girls 08:22 AM 02-03-2010
Originally Posted by gbcc:
We do the exact same thing! This year the little ones will be making gifts for family. I have been saving baby food jars. We will be putting circles ontop of the baby food jars to cover the label. For instance we will be filling one jar with tootsie rolls and the circle on top will say You make me ROLL with laughter, another jar will be filled with kisses that says on top Your kisses are the sweetest! We will fill jars with about 4 different sayings and then put them in a decorated box that says Why I love you.
CUTE!!! Can I ask what your other ones you do, with their sayings? I am going to be doing this along with everything next yr.
THanks!!
It's so fun to get ideas from everyone!!!!
gbcc 09:00 AM 02-03-2010
I let each child pick a type of candy and go from there. If someone picked m and m's you could do Because you love me More and More every day. If they picked sour patch kids you could say You are never Sour. I just think of cute sayings that have something to do with the name of the candy!
momma2girls 09:29 AM 02-03-2010
Originally Posted by gbcc:
I let each child pick a type of candy and go from there. If someone picked m and m's you could do Because you love me More and More every day. If they picked sour patch kids you could say You are never Sour. I just think of cute sayings that have something to do with the name of the candy!
THanks, what a cute idea!!!
gbcc 09:38 AM 02-03-2010
Your Welcome!!
melissa ann 10:09 AM 02-03-2010
We do a craft project for Valentine's but we don't really have a "party" I have a dcg whose b-day is on Valentine's so we do have party for that. We did one last week. I cut out big hearts in red and pink constuction paper and the kids put on heart stickers and we used rubber stamps w/hearts and one that said be my valentine and one that said happy valentine's day. We took them to a local nursing home for the residents. We made extras and have some hanging up. We will be doing something next week. Not sure what though. Was thinking of doing something that the kids can give to their families.
susanpierce124 05:10 PM 02-07-2010
Last V-day I took a box of sweethearts and hot glued a picture of the child in the shape of a heart. All the parents loved them.
Former Teacher 05:33 PM 02-07-2010
Originally Posted by susanpierce124:
Last V-day I took a box of sweethearts and hot glued a picture of the child in the shape of a heart. All the parents loved them.
Susan, you are the FIRST post that I accepted that wasn't spam Thanks!
SimpleMom 12:08 PM 02-10-2010
We are making cards for moms/dads. We have are having a party Friday and making heart people. Cut a heart shape out. Give them each four black stips of construction paper (crinkled like stairs) for the arms and legs. We'll use heart stickers for the eyes and nose, and draw in the mouth.

We also decorate white bags with hearts and coloring for use in passing out Valentine's. We are playing a heart bean bag toss game, shape toss game, and another one I can't think of off the top of my head and I give out small token prizes for the games. Then, we have cupcakes and juice...and then we run off the energy
originalkat 02:17 PM 02-10-2010
Sounds Fun Little Sunshine!
GretasLittleFriends 09:57 AM 02-12-2010
We are having a small party today after the older kids get off the bus. I'll have one little guy here age 16 mo, the rest are 3 - 6yrs old. We'll decorate a blank envelope (greeting card size) for them to put their exchanged cards in. We'll have a jello parfait (see pic), 1/2 orange and some milk for snack. I have a craft for them (see pic) and a set of valentine related worksheets in a packet (mazes, dot-to-dots, coloring, tracing).

This is my first valentines with the kids and my first holiday party with them. I'm pretty excited.

I am considering printing out pics of the kids faces to use in place of the butterfly face. Also, making it slightly less girly as I only have one girl and the rest boys.
gkids09 03:33 PM 02-12-2010
We actually had our Valentine party today. (It's supposed to snow again this weekend) Anyway, we drew pictures of what/who we love, and then I wrote what they told me on the paper to give to their parents. Also, we decorated shoe boxes that the kids brought from home, and they passed out the valentines they brought for everyone. We read several books about Valentine's Day today too. For snack, we had shortbread cookies in the shape of a heart with pink icing. For lunch, we had simple bologna sandwiches, but I found a heart shaped sandwich cutter at Wal-Mart that also cuts the sandwiches in half. We had applesauce with red food coloring to make it pinkish, pink milk, and green beans and mac and cheese (neither of those were pink. yuck)
flying_babyb 01:40 PM 02-09-2020
two thirds of my parents wont even care if I do somthing. Pretty sure ill do a footprint on a doily that says something cute or a handprint. We didnt even plan a party this year
Ariana 05:33 AM 02-10-2020
Originally Posted by flying_babyb:
two thirds of my parents wont even care if I do somthing. Pretty sure ill do a footprint on a doily that says something cute or a handprint. We didnt even plan a party this year
I do fun activities at daycare with a heart theme but I don’t do anything special for parents. To me valentines day is for families.
Msdunny 05:16 AM 02-12-2020
Last week, we took cardboard heart and put valentine sticker on them. We put them all in big envelopes and then I took the older kids to the post office on a field trip to buy stamps and mail their valentines to their families.

Since I have a new dcb, we can do the same craft this week. win-win!
CountryRoads 09:26 AM 02-12-2020
Originally Posted by Msdunny:
Last week, we took cardboard heart and put valentine sticker on them. We put them all in big envelopes and then I took the older kids to the post office on a field trip to buy stamps and mail their valentines to their families.

Since I have a new dcb, we can do the same craft this week. win-win!
What a cool idea! I never would've thought of that!
Tags:2010, crafts, projects, valentines day
Reply Up