Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Pregnancy :)
godiva83 10:04 AM 10-17-2011
So I got a positive pregnancy test this weekend and the blood tests confirm it my estimated due date is June 25!

This is my second pregnancy, and I have heard you show earlier 2nd round.. Is this true? And approx. when do you show. I started to pop with DS around 5 months. I am hoping to keep it from DCF's for as long as I can- as I have read that is a good idea on here before.
I am so excited and so nervous at the same time ahh
justgettingstarted 10:07 AM 10-17-2011
Congratulations! So exciting! I've only had one baby so I can't answer your questions. Just wanted to say, yay!
Zoe 10:18 AM 10-17-2011
Yay! I was more pronounced with my second child, but I don't know if that's the norm or not. One was a girl, one was a boy, so that might have been a factor too. I really couldn't say.
blueclouds29 10:24 AM 10-17-2011
i just found out not long ago too that i'm pregnant! I'm 9 weeks. I'm not showing yet and its also my second. I told my DCF's right away, i was so excited! To me it didn't matter when to tell them. I only have 4 families and we are pretty close.
Yes heard you show soonier. Good luck and congrats!
godiva83 10:29 AM 10-17-2011
Thanks
I just don't want to tell too soon and have them panic and leave as I will be closing down for 1 year maternity leave
Sprouts 10:32 AM 10-17-2011
CONGRATS!!

it all depends on your body type, if you have been doing sit ups and exercising this whole time then it will prob take loonger to show, but if u were like me, i got a bit lazy then it will show sooner....
godiva83 10:34 AM 10-17-2011
Sit ups, what are those? Lol
GretasLittleFriends 10:34 AM 10-17-2011
Congratulations!

I've had 3. Girl, boy, girl. My first one I was 6 months before I showed. #2, I was about 2 months along, but I was significantly over weight. #3 (I had lost weight) I showed between months 3 and 4.

I don't provide back-up lists, my parents were responsible for finding back up care when I had #3. I told them early on (like about 12 weeks). I did this for several reasons. I expected to have a fairly easy pregnancy, and I did. However, I figured on the off chance something did go wrong I wanted them to be aware.
Meeko 10:36 AM 10-17-2011
I've had four. Each one different, but it does depend on whether you carry forward or back. I carry forward and look pregnant early. My sister-in-law didn't even show until she was over 6 months because she carries further back ans she's had nine!!!!!.
KEG123 10:37 AM 10-17-2011
Congrats! I didn't really show earlier with my second. I did start out a bit fluffier though. I told parents around 12 weeks due to a prior loss.
wdmmom 10:39 AM 10-17-2011
I've had 4 and with each, they were all different.

With Baby #1, I started showing a bump around 3 1/2 months.

With Baby #2, I didn't start showing until about 18 weeks.

With Baby #3, I didn't show until my 6 1/2 monthes. (Honestly! I was wearing my regular clothes and one morning, I woke up and looked pregnant!)

Baby #4 I didn't start showing until about 5 months.

I think each is different. Your size, your build, how fast the baby grows, and your diet and exercise regimen are all contributing factors.
rbmom 10:59 AM 10-17-2011
Congrats!!
SilverSabre25 11:01 AM 10-17-2011
Congratulations!!!

With my first, I just looked kinda fat until 6 months--then I woke up one morning looking PREGNANT.

With my second, I was in maternity clothes before 3.5 months and starting to show too.

Every baby carries differently though.
AfterSchoolMom 11:18 AM 10-17-2011
With my first, I didn't show until around 5 months. With my second, I couldn't button my jeans after 8 weeks.

Congratulations!
Danielle 11:24 AM 10-17-2011
Congrats!!! I'm pregnant with #3 right now and I showed earlier with #2 than #1 and even earlier with this one. I swear I started showing this time before the test dried. lol
AmandasFCC 11:45 AM 10-17-2011
I'm pregnant with #2 right now as well, haen't told my dcf's yet. I'm waiting until my first ultrasound (Sunday! EEEE!!!!!) to confirm my plans for how much time to take off, etc., before making announcements. I don't want anyone to panic so I want to have all the information for them right away when I tell them.

As for showing, I'm only 7 weeks and already my pants won't zip and I am noticeably "bloated". I hope there's only 1 in there .....
Mrs.Ky 11:48 AM 10-17-2011
Originally Posted by godiva83:
So I got a positive pregnancy test this weekend and the blood tests confirm it my estimated due date is June 25!

This is my second pregnancy, and I have heard you show earlier 2nd round.. Is this true? And approx. when do you show. I started to pop with DS around 5 months. I am hoping to keep it from DCF's for as long as I can- as I have read that is a good idea on here before.
I am so excited and so nervous at the same time ahh
Congrats. Im pregnant with my forth and due Feb. 11th. I showed with my first at 6 months, and my other 2 and this one at 4 months so you will start to show earlier most likely. I told my DCP right away and was honest and told them Im closing my small in home daycare in January and focusing on being a SAHM to my 4 kids.
Cat Herder 12:18 PM 10-17-2011
Congrats!!
spud912 10:49 PM 10-17-2011
Congratulations!

I've had 2 and gained about 50 pounds with each (started out somewhat petite). I have a very short torso (my hips actually tuck into my ribs while sitting), so I showed early with both.

1st: maternity clothes by 12/13 weeks (but did not actually look pregnant until around 18 weeks). I lost 10 pounds in the 1st trimester and then gained exponentially in 2nd and 3rd (technically I gained 60 pounds, but I only like to count by beginning versus end weight). I remember it was around 37 weeks when I gained 6 pounds in 1 week!!

2nd: maternity clothes by 8 weeks and looked pregnant at around 11 weeks. I lost ~5 pounds in the first trimester, gained exponentially in 2nd and beginning of 3rd trimesters, and then slower weight gain towards the end.
dave4him 02:21 AM 10-18-2011
My wife had twins the second time around so i wouldnt be able to say for sure... baby belly's are adorable though
dave4him 02:22 AM 10-18-2011
On and CONGRADULATIONS
godiva83 05:08 AM 10-18-2011
Thanks everyone
If the belly doesn't give it away the 'Morning Sickness' sure will!

I am already starting to feel suPer bloated and had to ditch my belt this AM- so time will only tell. Thanks again
Kaddidle Care 05:49 AM 10-18-2011
You start showing as soon as you put on the maternity clothes. I swear - they are so comfortable and stretchy that baby says "Ahhhh - time to grow!"

Stay in your regular clothes as long as possible!
godiva83 08:11 AM 10-18-2011
That big stretchy band ahhh--- I do plan on staying in my jeans as long as I can, dress Pants not likely as they are a higher cut.

Maternity pants drove me bonkers they always slipped down and I had saggy bum. Last time I got away for a long time either wearing my jeans under my belly or with an elastic band looped around my jean button
gelbesonn 11:18 AM 10-19-2011
I am pg too. Due end of April. I just had my 12 wk ultrasound. I am just about to tell the parents, but I still have some things to figure out.
Tags:pregnant
Reply Up