Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>May Not Get Pay This Month...
Unregistered 01:37 PM 07-25-2013
i logged off for privacy but i may not get pay this month for one of my dc kids. so this parent qualify for paceapp (a government child care payment program) which accept at my daycare. Things was going great until PACEAPP was no more due to funding or something so they transfer the dcm to 4c since she qualify and as long as she get her act together with her paperwork then nothing will be disrupts. Found out by calling 4c that that parent has an appointment with them 2 weeks ago. I thought she attended and all is well. until today i called 4c because I haven't heard anything back from them and do not know how or when to turn in my attendance sheet to get pay from them. They told me that dcm never showed up so this month they are not responsible to pay for her child care. dcm need to call and set an appointment with them and from the day her contract starts is the day they will start paying for care.

Feelings:
Angry, frustrated, and sad (because I really love her kids and care for them and now I may have to terminate them).

What I am going to do and did.
I tried to contact dcm but as always she is super hard to reach. when she comes to pick up her kids I will tell her what happen and tell her that she is responsible for going to her meeting and setting up everything with 4c. I will not continue care for her kids until ALL her paper work are done and I get a contract from 4c. I did not know that I suppose to get a contract from them before but now I know better. I'm going to have to ask her to pay for the 3 weeks of care and if she want to continue care this month she can as long as she pay me the 3 week and this week.

My concerns:
I'm afraid dcm do not have money to pay me. I do not know what to do if she say she has no money. This will be a hard convo to have. We do not have a clear contract for her because PACEAPP was taking care of all her payments. I know better now that I should of make a contract stating that if PACEAPP or 4cs or which ever place she is using to pay me is not paying me for whatever reasons then she is responsible to make payments to me. But I did not do that and now i feel stupid and frustrated because I may not get pay for the care I provided the last 2 weeks.

Questions:
What should I do?
How should I come off in my conversation with her?
Advice please. I am feeling so down and stress. I been going to night school as well, and school has been really hard and stressful for me. I feel like I cannot do this anymore and so defeated from this. Please help. I'm just trying to vent to my fellow daycare providers because I have no one to talk to about this to.
daycare 01:47 PM 07-25-2013
I am so sorry that you are in this situation.....stinks

I would just tell the DCM what you are telling us here.

DCM,

Looks like maybe there was some misunderstandings between you and the 4cs program. Unfortunately, they are telling me that because you missed your meeting, 4cs was not able to transfer your case and is not paying for the last 3 weeks of care. Since they are not paying for the services that you have already received, I will need for you to cover those cost and any cost moving forward. I know that this may be a huge amount of money for you to have to come up with and I am willing to workout payment arrangements with you, however, until all of your paper work is completed with 4cs, you will need to cover the cost of care for the kids.
Moving forward, I will need you to pay $150 a week for the cost of care plus an additional $75.00 each week until you are caught up on all fees owed. Please let me know by the end of the day Friday if you will be keeping the kids here or not. Either way, the fees for services already given will still need to be paid. I hope you understand my position here and appreciate your attention to this matter.
Unregistered 02:05 PM 07-25-2013
thanks daycare. You put it so professionally. I will try to talk to her like that. My concerns is if she is not going to show up today to pick her kids up and have someone else pick them up instead. I think I should print what you wrote to me to give as a message to her incase. plain and simple and not have to worry my little head around it...if she can not pay I will miss her kids. I don't see myself taking her out to court if she can't pay. I don't know how all that works and if it would even help. Feeling sad that these kids may not be in my care no more. They were doing so well, and one was even learning my native language even though she is not the same ethnicity as me.
daycare 02:25 PM 07-25-2013
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
thanks daycare. You put it so professionally. I will try to talk to her like that. My concerns is if she is not going to show up today to pick her kids up and have someone else pick them up instead. I think I should print what you wrote to me to give as a message to her incase. plain and simple and not have to worry my little head around it...if she can not pay I will miss her kids. I don't see myself taking her out to court if she can't pay. I don't know how all that works and if it would even help. Feeling sad that these kids may not be in my care no more. They were doing so well, and one was even learning my native language even though she is not the same ethnicity as me.
awe....you sound like such a sweet person with a big heart..... Can you call the mom? I know you said she was hard to get ahold of, but what about texting her saying please arrange some time to call me so we can talk??

I know it's hard when you have to talk about this stuff, especially when money is involved.......... I hope that it works out for you......
Familycare71 06:26 AM 07-26-2013
I would def put it in writing (keep a copy) and talk to her if you get the chance.
Maybe put in the letter that you love caring for her kids and would like her to call you to discuss further.
Hopefully she takes some responsibility, recognizes how loved her kids are by you and makes that apt!
Keep your chin up!! Sounds like you have a ton going on-
Unregistered 08:29 AM 07-26-2013
i logged off for privacy but i may not get pay this month for one of my dc kids. so this parent qualify for paceapp (a government child care payment program) which accept at my daycare. Things was going great until PACEAPP was no more due to funding or something so they transfer the dcm to 4c since she qualify and as long as she get her act together with her paperwork then nothing will be disrupts. Found out by calling 4c that that parent has an appointment with them 2 weeks ago. I thought she attended and all is well. until today i called 4c because I haven't heard anything back from them and do not know how or when to turn in my attendance sheet to get pay from them. They told me that dcm never showed up so this month they are not responsible to pay for her child care. dcm need to call and set an appointment with them and from the day her contract starts is the day they will start paying for care.

Feelings:
Angry, frustrated, and sad (because I really love her kids and care for them and now I may have to terminate them).

What I am going to do and did.
I tried to contact dcm but as always she is super hard to reach. when she comes to pick up her kids I will tell her what happen and tell her that she is responsible for going to her meeting and setting up everything with 4c. I will not continue care for her kids until ALL her paper work are done and I get a contract from 4c. I did not know that I suppose to get a contract from them before but now I know better. I'm going to have to ask her to pay for the 3 weeks of care and if she want to continue care this month she can as long as she pay me the 3 week and this week.

My concerns:
I'm afraid dcm do not have money to pay me. I do not know what to do if she say she has no money. This will be a hard convo to have. We do not have a clear contract for her because PACEAPP was taking care of all her payments. I know better now that I should of make a contract stating that if PACEAPP or 4cs or which ever place she is using to pay me is not paying me for whatever reasons then she is responsible to make payments to me. But I did not do that and now i feel stupid and frustrated because I may not get pay for the care I provided the last 2 weeks.

Questions:
What should I do?
How should I come off in my conversation with her?
Advice please. I am feeling so down and stress. I been going to night school as well, and school has been really hard and stressful for me. I feel like I cannot do this anymore and so defeated from this. Please help. I'm just trying to vent to my fellow daycare providers because I have no one to talk to about this to.
I've been there. The only conversation to have with her is this:

You owe me $575 for the month's care.

If she tells you about the program that's supposed to pay, tell her that because she blew off her appointment, they won't pay, and that she is responsible for the entire amount. Pay or leave.
Reply Up