Daycare.com Forum Daycare Management Software

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 10-01-2014, 07:59 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default How Do SA Kid Before And After Care Work With Ratio?

I am considering doing before and after school care next year. I am going to the new provider orientation class next month (I have been providing care license exempt for a few years, but am new to SA). Is there a separate ratio consideration for SA or do they still fall under your regular ratio? I am in UT, but can't find the info on our licensing website. There are the 4 and under ratios listing and the the 5+ ratio listed, but am not sure how it works if you want to do both. Can you do both?

I know many of you loath the SA I would only take current dcks that have been with me previously, or siblings.
Old 10-01-2014, 08:05 PM
Daycare.com Member

It really depends where you live. Some states give extra slots for school age. I have never lived in one of those states. Here, it would really mess me up to have kids coming in at four if other parents didn't pick up by then. Now if you have some parents who pick up before school is out and school starts before some drop off it works okay.
Old 10-02-2014, 04:39 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

In illinois, I am allowed 4 extra if they are school
Kids. I have my 2 that are school kids and two siblings.
Old 10-02-2014, 05:26 AM
Daycare.com Member

Where I live, I (myself) can have 6 kids plus 2 school aged after three years of operating, with an upgrade during re-licensing.
Old 10-02-2014, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Controlled Chaos View Post
I am considering doing before and after school care next year. I am going to the new provider orientation class next month (I have been providing care license exempt for a few years, but am new to SA). Is there a separate ratio consideration for SA or do they still fall under your regular ratio? I am in UT, but can't find the info on our licensing website. There are the 4 and under ratios listing and the the 5+ ratio listed, but am not sure how it works if you want to do both. Can you do both?

I know many of you loath the SA I would only take current dcks that have been with me previously, or siblings.
Meeko is in Utah, maybe she can advise you.

If she doesn't respond in this thread, PM her.

Here is what I've found so far; (No idea if it helps or not)

"Care for up to 8 children with 1 caregiver including no more than 2 children under age 2; OR care for up to 6 children with 1 caregiver including no more than 3 children under age 2; OR care for up to 16 children with 2 caregivers including no more than 4 children under age 2. Providersí own children under age 4 count in the ratios."

http://www.daycare.com/utah/
Old 10-02-2014, 07:37 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
Meeko is in Utah, maybe she can advise you.

If she doesn't respond in this thread, PM her.

Here is what I've found so far; (No idea if it helps or not)

"Care for up to 8 children with 1 caregiver including no more than 2 children under age 2; OR care for up to 6 children with 1 caregiver including no more than 3 children under age 2; OR care for up to 16 children with 2 caregivers including no more than 4 children under age 2. Providersí own children under age 4 count in the ratios."

http://www.daycare.com/utah/
Yea, that is what I found too. I was surprised there wasn't an explanation of how combining the two age groups work.

And stupid question, I can't figure out how to pm someone. Lol I have been wanting pm meeker for weeks ...struggling
Old 10-02-2014, 07:54 AM
Daycare.com Member

Click up at the right top of the screen here where it says private message. On the list on the left click send message a screen will come up to do it.