Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Infant Teacher with C Diff??
Ivil12 08:03 AM 11-07-2016
Hello all, I'm new to the site because I have a question I can't seem to get a straight answer on. I've been working in the infant room for about a year and I was diagnosed with C Diff a few days ago. I stayed home the day of diagnosis but now need to return to work this week and was wondering what your thoughts/opinions are on the situation. Obviously I am worried about infecting the children, and also concerned that I may have contracted it from one of them as well. My boss is not allowing me to take time off as we are short staffed, despite my doctor advising me to stay home until I tested negative. That could be up to 30 days away and I have seven days left of my treatment. We have notified parents and that's all that's been done so far. Has anyone had a similar experience with the teacher having C Diff as opposed to one of the children and what did you do?
Silly Songs 08:39 AM 11-07-2016
I just read up on it. Web md says you should wash your hands often, ( most likely wash children's hands often also ) I think you are good as long as you can keep diarrhea in check.
daycarediva 10:35 AM 11-07-2016
I wouldn't allow a CHILD with c-diff to attend, but as an adult you should be fine. Frequent hand washing, and obviously staying home if you have diarrhea.
Michael 01:51 PM 11-07-2016
More threads on C-Diff: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=c-diff
Mom2Two 02:14 PM 11-07-2016
I would think that licensing would have an opinion about this.

I'm a little surprised that you haven't mentioned how the illness is making you feel as you attend work. What's your prognosis?

My friends who have dealt with c-diff have found it to be a real nightmare. If you have special needs kids in your care, it could even be a difference between life and death for them or adding to long-term disability. If your employers still want you to work there, I would think that parents should be notified.

I'm quite surprised that your employers are apparently taking this so lightly.
MunchkinWrangler 08:28 PM 11-09-2016
You could also use FMLA for this one, especially because your doc advised you to stay home until a negative result. I'm curious as to why the center would chance this??
Unregistered 09:40 AM 09-26-2018
If you work at a daycare and you have c-diff I would stay away from kids until you test negative. If my kids were to get infected because someone came to work spreading it I would be furious. I am a single parent of two kids and the last thing I would need is for my kids to get c diff because someone did not want to listen to their doctor
Ariana 10:27 AM 09-26-2018
Can you go on short term disability? If a DR told you not to go to work then apply for government assitance and start looking for another job. Can you nring a DRs note into your supervisor? She cannot fire you for obeying medical orders. C difficile is a very serious illness and you should be at home.
Blackcat31 11:26 AM 09-26-2018
Originally Posted by Ariana:
Can you go on short term disability? If a DR told you not to go to work then apply for government assitance and start looking for another job. Can you nring a DRs note into your supervisor? She cannot fire you for obeying medical orders. C difficile is a very serious illness and you should be at home.
Just in case you didn’t notice....

This is an old thread revived by an unregistered poster
Ariana 11:52 AM 09-26-2018
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Just in case you didn’t notice....

This is an old thread revived by an unregistered poster
Oops!!!! hopefully the C. difficile is cleared up
Tags:2016, baby, c-diff, health, infant, safety
Reply Up