Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Need advice
Little Star75 05:02 PM 05-14-2013
This is a family I started last week (2 dcg) right before they started one of them had a pink eye and was on antibiotics so she was fine to start with me. Today when I picked them up from school I over heard the girls say that the younger dcg was sent to the office with possible pink eye. The health clerk made them call mom and mom told them to tell the health clerk it was allergies and for them no to tell me. As soon as we get home I call the school to find out if dcg had pink eye or not. Health clerk said no, I guess teacher thought she had it but was checked and no she doesn't have it.
My problem here is that mom was trying to hide something from me and I'm very upset. Since this family is still on a probationary trial of 10-days I feel like terminating them.
What do you all think? Would you terminate or talk to mom?
I say terminate because I have been thinking of terminating them for other reasons.

Thank you in advance
turkey 05:14 PM 05-14-2013
I'm sorry you have to deal with this. If your already having thoughts of terming a family for more then one reason then it sounds like you have made up your mind Trust is important and if it's already broken move on. ( I thought the whining wasn't going to stop once, but thank goodness it did because I love the family now... off topic sorry) Good luck.
Little Star75 05:39 PM 05-14-2013
Originally Posted by turkey:
I'm sorry you have to deal with this. If your already having thoughts of terming a family for more then one reason then it sounds like you have made up your mind Trust is important and if it's already broken move on. ( I thought the whining wasn't going to stop once, but thank goodness it did because I love the family now... off topic sorry) Good luck.
Thank you, yes I been thinking about it I feel that it's not going to work out for me. But this really upset me a lot, her trying to hide something from me is a big no no.
AmyKidsCo 07:51 PM 05-14-2013
I tend to be too forgiving sometimes, but is there a possibility that the second girl has a history of allergies that look like pink eye and Mom didn't think you'd believe her because they're so new? I had a girl once that had allergies like that every spring.
Tags:lies
Reply Up