Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Bumper to Bumper
williams2008 02:06 PM 12-02-2013
Hello all!!

What should I do about parents blocking one another in the driveway. I have this one dcp along with her brother that will pull in directly behind another parent even if they see them getting in their car to leave.I have talk to this dcp over and over about this matter and she still acts like she doesn't get it.

This a.m. as I was in the kitchen I noticed that the brother pulled in behind a dcp as the they were backing up and BOOM. How can I fix this problem, so that it will not happen again? I want to term the parent that doesn't follow directions What do you'll suggest?
MarinaVanessa 02:15 PM 12-02-2013
Dear John,

In response to the incident between yourself and Susan, when you blocked her in while she was pulling out of my driveway and consequently hit her vehicle even after several conversations asking that you not turn in the driveway if there was another vehicle in it, you are now restricted from using the driveway at all even when empty.

As of today please refrain from pulling into the driveway at all. Continued use of my driveway by you [and/or your family] may result in immediate termination.

Have a great weekend!

Sincerely
Williams2008

---And then follow through---

KidGrind 02:17 PM 12-02-2013
I’d give her a written warning. Verbal is not seeming to work. Tell her the next time it will lead to a two week termination.
KidGrind 02:18 PM 12-02-2013
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
Dear John,

In response to the incident between yourself and Susan, when you blocked her in while she was pulling out of my driveway and consequently hit her vehicle even after several conversations asking that you not turn in the driveway if there was another vehicle in it, you are now restricted from using the driveway at all even when empty.

As of today please refrain from pulling into the driveway at all. Continued use of my driveway by you [and/or your family] may result in immediate termination.

Have a great weekend!

Sincerely
Williams2008

Yeah what she typed! LOL!
williams2008 02:18 PM 12-02-2013
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
Dear John,

Have a great weekend!

Sincerely
Williams2008

I love this MarinaVanessa!!!!! Thank you!
williams2008 02:20 PM 12-02-2013
Originally Posted by KidGrind:
I’d give her a written warning. Verbal is not seeming to work. Tell her the next time it will lead to a two week termination.
I'm going to use the one MV posted above!! Thanks for your response. I hope that gets her attention!
MotherNature 04:16 PM 12-02-2013
I agree with Marina Vanessa. Good answer! Hope they listen.
nanglgrl 10:27 PM 12-02-2013
I have the rule about not pulling into my driveway and it still didn't stop one parent from pulling in as I was backing out. As far as insurance is concerned it's my fault even though I was already in reverse so it cost me $500 copay and due to that and my husband getting a ticket last year we had to switch our insurance and it's $20 higher a month. The kicker? I finally coughed up the $500 and got my van fixed and the state pay client who I backed in to lost her job. Off subject, sorry, but it still gets me so angry!
MarinaVanessa 07:53 AM 12-03-2013
Originally Posted by nanglgrl:
I have the rule about not pulling into my driveway and it still didn't stop one parent from pulling in as I was backing out. As far as insurance is concerned it's my fault even though I was already in reverse so it cost me $500 copay and due to that and my husband getting a ticket last year we had to switch our insurance and it's $20 higher a month. The kicker? I finally coughed up the $500 and got my van fixed and the state pay client who I backed in to lost her job. Off subject, sorry, but it still gets me so angry!
This is good to know. I'd be concerned about the liability. All sorts of things can happen. An accident already did but can you imagine a parent parked on the driveway walking out and little Suzie darts out down the driveway (because we all know that parents all walk their children out by the hand ) as another car pulls in. Too many uncontrollable variables.
sharlan 08:01 AM 12-03-2013
Generally, the person in reverse is at fault.
williams2008 10:34 AM 12-03-2013
Originally Posted by nanglgrl:
That is good to know. I thought the one pulling in would be at fault since the other vehicle was backing up.
cheerfuldom 01:59 PM 12-03-2013
A high fee every time you see it. Apply the fee to the parent that was blocked in meaning reduce their tuition by that much for the inconvenience. Seriously if a parent was disregarding me that much, i would charge $20 EVERY time it happened. If that doesn't curb it, charge $40. they can term themselves or shape up.
kitykids3 05:22 AM 12-04-2013
I agree with previous posters, give written notice that your driveway is now off limits. Solves that problem. If they don't abide, then bye-bye. It's sad we have to tell other people just how to be courteous sometimes.
Tags:parent - car accident, parking
Reply Up