Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Sooooo It Would Have Been Nice To Know:(
williams2008 09:07 AM 01-02-2014
I re-opened today after being closed since the 23rd. Well It is 11:00 and no one has showed up/called During the Holiday break I had one dcm show up with the dcks saying she didn't know I was closed (YEAH RIGHT!!!) and I had three others text asking me when I was opening back up. It would have been nice to know no one wasn't coming
Unregistered 09:35 AM 01-02-2014
Originally Posted by williams2008:
I re-opened today after being closed since the 23rd. Well It is 11:00 and no one has showed up/called During the Holiday break I had one dcm show up with the dcks saying she didn't know I was closed (YEAH RIGHT!!!) and I had three others text asking me when I was opening back up. It would have been nice to know no one was coming
Wow I'm sorry!
Lucy 10:15 AM 01-02-2014
I went on a vacation one time where I took 7 weekdays off - a Friday, the full week following, and the Monday after. I really, really wished I could have taken the Tuesday after as well, because we arrived home LATE Monday. Anyway, this was all known well in advance, and notices were put on the the inside of the door weeks ahead of time.

That did not stop one mom from showing up on the Friday, as we were ready to take our suitcases out to the car to go to the airport.

Also, when I got back, I had a message on my answering machine that one family with 2 kids was going to stay with their fill-in caregiver because it was "so hard" to transition the kids, and she didn't want to do it again to transition them back to me. . So that was 2 kids lost.

Tuesday morning, another family with 1 kid just plain didn't show up. This was before texting, so I called several times and no answer. Finally late that day, she has her husband call (I rarely ever saw him, let alone talked to him, in the 3 years they were with me!) and he said that they liked the preschool where he was temporarily going while I was gone, and they wanted him to stay there.

Ugh!!! So I lost THREE kids just from taking a vacation!!! (None were the one who showed up on the Friday morning.) I hope this does not happen to you! Let us know what ends up happening!!
Unregistered 11:18 AM 01-02-2014
Originally Posted by Lucy:
I went on a vacation one time where I took 7 weekdays off - a Friday, the full week following, and the Monday after. I really, really wished I could have taken the Tuesday after as well, because we arrived home LATE Monday. Anyway, this was all known well in advance, and notices were put on the the inside of the door weeks ahead of time.

That did not stop one mom from showing up on the Friday, as we were ready to take our suitcases out to the car to go to the airport.

Also, when I got back, I had a message on my answering machine that one family with 2 kids was going to stay with their fill-in caregiver because it was "so hard" to transition the kids, and she didn't want to do it again to transition them back to me. . So that was 2 kids lost.

Tuesday morning, another family with 1 kid just plain didn't show up. This was before texting, so I called several times and no answer. Finally late that day, she has her husband call (I rarely ever saw him, let alone talked to him, in the 3 years they were with me!) and he said that they liked the preschool where he was temporarily going while I was gone, and they wanted him to stay there.

Ugh!!! So I lost THREE kids just from taking a vacation!!! (None were the one who showed up on the Friday morning.) I hope this does not happen to you! Let us know what ends up happening!!
Yep! Some parents are horrible! I took 1 week maternity leave because I was afraid if I took anything more I would loose kids. On my first day back 1 mom gave me a termination notice saying she liked the fill in daycare better because she took the child out on field trips. When the child started with me 2 years prior she told me she was glad I didn't transport. I was very upset. Hope your families aren't like that!
Reply Up