Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>When Do You Eat?
BentleysBands 03:59 AM 10-08-2010
do you eat with your dck's? or after them?
me...i hardly eat during the day...most times i just forget LOL
can't eat with them since its constantly...no, stop, keep your hands to your self, sit down, use your fork, etc and my stomach cant take that...if i do eat after them, they seem to be all starving and want mine so theres no peace...

curious as to what or how you do it ?

(last thread, sorry....no kids right now so i'm dying to 'talk')
kidkair 04:10 AM 10-08-2010
I eat with the kids. I make sure to serve myself first even though I'm usually the last to sit down and eat. All my kids are good about staying at the table because the first time they got up without permission the spent the rest of the eating period standing at the table. I have the kids placed far enough away from each other that they can't touch and so they don't try. As far as table manners I just remind them that cups, plates, forks, etc. are not to be played with and that food either goes in the mouth or stays on plate/bowl. If they continue to play I take it away. I also give a jelly bean to each kid that behaved well and finished their food after lunch. Everyone stays at the table until I wipe them down and excuse them. Then they go play while I clean up.
DBug 05:12 AM 10-08-2010
I don't sit with the kids, but I do make sure I eat, even though it's usually while standing at the kitchen counter. I usually eat lunch while the kids are eating at the table, unless I have a baby that needs to be spoon-fed. If that's the case, I eat during naptime. If I don't eat real meals, I tend to grab snacks instead to fill my tummy, and those end up being high calorie, low nutrition type foods .
SilverSabre25 05:22 AM 10-08-2010
I usually sit down with the kids, unless we have enough at one time that there aren't enough chairs! Then I eat during nap, which comes right after lunch. Snacks I might snag a few bites of whatever they're having and eat it leaning against the counter. Breakfast I eat with them, because it's only me, DD, and one DCB.
SunflowerMama 05:46 AM 10-08-2010
I'll snack through the morning. Usually some string cheese or a piece of fruit and then I have lunch at naptime.
boysx5 06:01 AM 10-08-2010
I eat at nap time when at least most are sleeping and try to enjoy my food in peace doesn't always happen
tenderhearts 06:35 AM 10-08-2010
I do not eat with the kids for the same reasons as the original poster, but I don't really eat much through out the day anyways. Usually at nap time I'll have my yogurt and blueberries.
marniewon 07:09 AM 10-08-2010
I have a yogurt for breakfast, and that's just whenever in the morning for me. Lunch I eat at nap, so I can sit down and relax while I eat. Sometimes, if I'm really hungry, I'll grab some of whatever I'm fixing (like some cheese) to eat while I'm making their lunch, just to hold me over til nap time.
Unregistered 09:32 AM 10-08-2010
I eat breakfest at 8:30am right after the kids eat and start to play I eat lunch at 11:30am right after I put them down for a nap and I have dinner after they leave.
misol 01:09 PM 10-08-2010
Most days I eat breakfast before the kids get here and I eat lunch at naptime.
kendallina 01:29 PM 10-08-2010
I eat with the kids. I try to have a conversation with them during the meal and they behave soo much better when we're all talking. They all stay at the table pretty well and have good manners when I'm there interacting with them. When I'm not sitting there they get a little out of sorts.
Tags:break, eating times
Reply Up