Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Would You Complain If Your Licensor Was A Total B?
crazydaycarelady 07:47 AM 04-10-2015
She has always been a snippy little B imho but....

I am in the process of getting a new assistant who is already working at another dc, so should be all ready to go as far as paperwork. I called the licensor to ask what I need for her and she needed to talk to my new assistant so I put her on the phone. When assistant got off the phone she commented on what a B the licensor was too.

I feel like complaining to her boss. There is no reason for her to be that way. But then I don't want to bring any extra attention to myself either.
Blackcat31 09:20 AM 04-10-2015
Originally Posted by crazydaycarelady:
She has always been a snippy little B imho but....

I am in the process of getting a new assistant who is already working at another dc, so should be all ready to go as far as paperwork. I called the licensor to ask what I need for her and she needed to talk to my new assistant so I put her on the phone. When assistant got off the phone she commented on what a B the licensor was too.

I feel like complaining to her boss. There is no reason for her to be that way. But then I don't want to bring any extra attention to myself either.
Yes. I would absolutely complain.

Your licensor is not your boss. Her only role is to support you as a provider in following your states rules/regulations.

She should not be treating you poorly.

I would absolutely complain to her boss or supervisor. In a professional manner of course. I expect to be treated the same way I treat them. We ARE equals despite many of them feeling as if they are a higher authority.
Gemma 09:53 AM 04-10-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Yes. I would absolutely complain.

Your licensor is not your boss. Her only role is to support you as a provider in following your states rules/regulations.

She should not be treating you poorly.

I would absolutely complain to her boss or supervisor. In a professional manner of course. I expect to be treated the same way I treat them. We ARE equals despite many of them feeling as if they are a higher authority.

daycare 10:44 AM 04-10-2015
I would not complain, but i would question her reasoning for why she is treating you that way.

I had a personality conflict with my food rep and after talking to her boss about it they gave me a new one. everything was great after that.

I would approach it very professionally and let them know that you are trying your best to do things the right way, however you feel disrespected by her tone that she takes with you and makes it very difficult to do your job.

I already have enough stress in my life from other things, the last thing I would need is a dragon lady....lol
KSDC 01:06 PM 04-10-2015
It depends. If she has a nasty disposition, but her evaluations are honest and fair, then I would just grin and bear it. No sense in making her more of an enemy.
On the other hand, if her nasty attitude is translating into you getting written up for things that you shouldn't be. Then, I would go up the chain of command.
Thriftylady 03:36 PM 04-10-2015
I would probably send a professional letter to her supervisor letting them know exactly what your complaints are. It may just be a personality conflict so they can switch you and who knows she may have other complaints.
NightOwl 04:52 PM 04-10-2015
I don't think it's a personality conflict though because she said her assistant had the same experience. It sounds like she may be on a power trip. She knows she has the authority to write you up or shut you down, so she feels like manners aren't required since she feels superior to you. :eyeroll: The nerve of some people.... I would go to her supervisor with your complaint, in a very respectful, professional manner. Hopefully she's not the same way as your worker.
Laurel 05:09 PM 04-10-2015
Originally Posted by KSDC:
It depends. If she has a nasty disposition, but her evaluations are honest and fair, then I would just grin and bear it. No sense in making her more of an enemy.
On the other hand, if her nasty attitude is translating into you getting written up for things that you shouldn't be. Then, I would go up the chain of command.

mom2many 06:20 PM 04-10-2015
I did have a horribly disrespectful analyst. For me, it was "reverse discrimination."

I had a no shoe policy in my home and she flat out refused to take her shoes off. She was extremely nasty and I was utterly shocked by her behavior. Afterwards, I asked to meet with her regional supervisor and manager to discuss the way she treated me and told them exactly what I'd encountered.

I asked for a new analyst, but they said that couldn't be done and I never recieved any validation from them. However, they did send her out with not just one... but two analysts the next time she visited my home. It was very intimidating, but I refused to let her or anyone else treat me without the respect I deserve. I was professional, but told them I would be recording the site visit with my camcorder (yes, this was in 90's!)

Thankfully, the next visit 3 years later went totally fine...as the ones prior had. I've been licensed for a very long time and have seen it all!
Unregistered 03:45 PM 04-11-2015
If I were rude to one of my members, I'd be fired. Big Time. There's just no tolerance for such behavior.
KIDZRMYBIZ 08:27 AM 04-13-2015
Originally Posted by KSDC:
This. I'd be scared of making things worse for myself if I complained. I would just make sure I followed every rule, every time, so there was nothing she could write me up for...which is what we're supposed to be doing anyway.

I know that often times, my caseworkers for the state and for the food program are treated so unwelcomely when they show up at other daycares, that they might already have a chip on their shoulder when they get here. When I'm totally open, friendly, and welcoming, I can visibly see them relax and then they are the help and resource for me they are meant to be.
Reply Up