Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Food Sponsor Organization
williams2008 12:07 PM 12-06-2013
Does anyone know the steps to take to become a food sponsoring organization representative?
itlw8 12:34 PM 12-06-2013
Usually you need a degree but not all of the ones I have met had nothing to do with education, home ec or nutrition... just a degree then they answered an add from the local sponsor.
Blackcat31 12:39 PM 12-06-2013
Originally Posted by williams2008:
Does anyone know the steps to take to become a food sponsoring organization representative?
You mean being the Food Program rep that visits us?

We have openings in our area ALL the time. There is no required degree to be a rep that visits daycares here. They provide the training.

It's a lot of traveling but one of the former daycare providers in my town started doing it when daycare got slow for her and now she is a full time FP rep and is ALWAYS busy.

I would just contact your local FP and ask.
williams2008 06:24 AM 12-09-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
You mean being the Food Program rep that visits us?

We have openings in our area ALL the time. There is no required degree to be a rep that visits daycares here. They provide the training.

It's a lot of traveling but one of the former daycare providers in my town started doing it when daycare got slow for her and now she is a full time FP rep and is ALWAYS busy.

I would just contact your local FP and ask.
Yes that's what I'm talking about. I was wondering if I would have to have some type of degree or something. I asked my Food Rep who started out doing family child care and closed down then become a rep, but she didn't go into detail she just said you have to a nonprofit.
williams2008 06:25 AM 12-09-2013
Originally Posted by itlw8:
Usually you need a degree but not all of the ones I have met had nothing to do with education, home ec or nutrition... just a degree then they answered an add from the local sponsor.
Okay, thank you.
itlw8 08:01 AM 12-09-2013
Now I am confused you want to be a sponsoring organization??? or work for one.

So the degree thing seems to be not a requirement except by the organization that hires you. Call your sponsor and ask them. My rep has to travel a lot as I am in the center of the state but I suppose some of them get just providers in the city.

Even if they do not have openings now , when they do if you have talked to them they may think of you.
Reply Up