Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Quick Ques. Regarding Illness w/All New Coronavirus Stuff...
WBee 06:07 PM 03-15-2020
Hello all. I sent a child home sick last week with a form to be completed by the pediatrician. DCM just msgd me stating form is filled out, DCG has a dbl ear infection and upper respiratory infection. She might be back on Wednesday. I am not letting any other child here with a runny nose, etc due to the coronavirus outbreak as our state has shut down all schools. Should I let this child come back on Wednesday due to the note or keep her out until completely better? WWYD?
Michael 06:43 PM 03-15-2020
If none of her conditions are contagious then it’s your call. Your handbook or illness policy should dictate your response to the parents. If it were me I would refuse until she is clear of all symptoms.
WBee 07:04 PM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by Michael:
If none of her conditions are contagious then it’s your call. Your handbook or illness policy should dictate your response to the parents. If it were me I would refuse until she is clear of all symptoms.
Thank you! :-)
Jo123ABC 09:56 PM 03-15-2020
I would refuse too. No one is allowed to bring any kind of illness into my home right now. I'd rather be safe than sorry.
Cat Herder 03:39 AM 03-16-2020
I also would exclude upper respiratory infections right now.
Valerie928 05:30 AM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by WBee:
Hello all. I sent a child home sick last week with a form to be completed by the pediatrician. DCM just msgd me stating form is filled out, DCG has a dbl ear infection and upper respiratory infection. She might be back on Wednesday. I am not letting any other child here with a runny nose, etc due to the coronavirus outbreak as our state has shut down all schools. Should I let this child come back on Wednesday due to the note or keep her out until completely better? WWYD?
I have a similar situation with one of my dck. I told mom her kiddo needs to be 110% healthy to return. People should understand, things are different for now.
Tags:coronavirus, ear infection, illness policy
Reply Up