Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What a Week!
hhdc 09:33 PM 10-04-2012
I can't believe this week.
Monday at 3:15, as I was out the door to pick up my daughters at school my house phone rings. We don't use that line but it is the number i have as the day care contact. It was a woman asking about care for her 22 month old grandson. She called me back on my cell phone so I could talk to her as I walked to the school. She said they needed care starting in Tuesday. She said that the school he was at was not a good fit for him. He has some delays, but is a very sweet little boy. So, her husband comes over less than a half an hour later to meet me. He was very nice and told me about the child. He left saying, ok we will see you tomorrow. I am a little shocked by the whole thing, and they are going to pay my full rate. Then after one of the children get picked up the grandfather comes back with the boy. He is friendly and gets along with the one child still at my house so it all seems good.

I am taking hockey lessons on Monday nights. I have figured skated for years but am new to hockey skates. I fell really hard and broke my left wrist! At least I am right handed. But now I have the rest of the week to get through with 3 kids here every day with one hand.

A friend offered to help me out on Tuesday which was great.

Now for the best part, the new kid pulls hair, has hit the other kids with toys and swats at me when I tell him to stop doing things. He does the same thing to his mother. Yesterday was the worse, today was much better. I have never looked forward to the weekend so much.
DaisyMamma 04:11 AM 10-05-2012
Hang in there. Its not easy to deal with a kid like that, and with a broken wrist - ouch!

Now you know why he needed immediate daycare.
Make sure you are talking to dcp about his behavior daily. Don't feel bad if you decide its not working out
hhdc 11:26 AM 10-05-2012
thanks! I am so torn, i really want it to work with him but he is driving me nuts and throwing everything off with everyone else. Since I only have one year olds we go on long walks in the stroller. I can't now because he can reach the other kids and hurt them. My other concern is that I have infants starting before the end of the year and I see that as being a real issue with him if things don't change drastically.
This is the first time I have had to deal with this but he also tried to bit the two other kids here today. It was pretty clear why they needed immediate care as soon as I saw him with the other children.

I know that the other families are a little uneasy about him too but I know it is my business and I have to make the decisions that are best for me.

and just to make the week complete I could not sleep last night and at 3:30 my 9 year old started trowing up!
Reply Up