Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Destructive 16 Month Old
TickleMonster 10:28 AM 05-02-2014
We have a 16 mth old dcb that is very destructive, doesn't listen, and mean he pinches us when we pick him up and pulls other dcks hair. he also puts holes in the wall and DCM wants us to watch his every move. Today he decided to put a big hole in the wall and pull out carpet padding, we called DCM to notify of his destructive behavior instead of her being upset with him she was very upset with us and decided to call Poison Control on us when he didn't even eat any of the stuff he pulled out. She refuses to discipline him when he does stuff wrong and gets mad when he gets disciplined here. He has been here a year but after this display I want to let him go.
LadyK8 10:31 AM 05-02-2014
I wouldn't have been able to deal with him after all the pinching and what-not, but after getting Poison Control called on me, there would be no question that his parents needed to be handed term papers. Wow.
Heidi 10:33 AM 05-02-2014
bye bye!
TickleMonster 10:35 AM 05-02-2014
Thank you for that is exactly how we feel. The child was not in any danger so there was no need for her to call Poison Control.. I thought that we had built a better relationship than that after a year.
Leigh 10:48 AM 05-02-2014
Originally Posted by TickleMonster:
We have a 16 mth old dcb that is very destructive, doesn't listen, and mean he pinches us when we pick him up and pulls other dcks hair. he also puts holes in the wall and DCM wants us to watch his every move. Today he decided to put a big hole in the wall and pull out carpet padding, we called DCM to notify of his destructive behavior instead of her being upset with him she was very upset with us and decided to call Poison Control on us when he didn't even eat any of the stuff he pulled out. She refuses to discipline him when he does stuff wrong and gets mad when he gets disciplined here. He has been here a year but after this display I want to let him go.
How big is this 16 month old? Seriously, I can't imagine a 16 month old being able to put a hole in a wall OR pull up carpet. How did he do it?

How do you discipline him that upsets his mom?
preschoolteacher 10:49 AM 05-02-2014
HOW can a 16 month old put a hole in a wall???
TickleMonster 10:54 AM 05-02-2014
If you have ever seen Worlds Strongest Toddler on TLC he is just like that. The boy can knock over my 6 yr old its insane how strong he is, We have Time outs for every minute of age you stand there. For him he had to sit away from the group with some toys. The DCM refuses to discipline at all she doesn't believe in it.
Unregistered 08:57 PM 05-04-2014
I'm registered but on my phone. My son is and was the same way starting at 14 months. It is a very hard situation and a consitant plan from both Parents and provider is needed. Now this women is bsc so I would term but for future kids I recommend the book the out of sync child bot because he may have special needs but it explains the stimulation he is lacking. That and a mixture if positive discipline since he is too young for time outs. I'm sorry you had to deal with that
Heidi 04:54 AM 05-05-2014
Definitely sensory seeking!
Tags:destructive behavior
Reply Up