Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Do You Ladies/Gentlemen Deal With This
Cozy_Kids_Childcare 06:56 AM 12-12-2014
Dcd is in class this week so he has been doing the drop offs and pick-ups. These are my candy/marshmallows/ donuts at 7am rule the roost kids. This morning I text mom because they weren't here by 7:30. She said oh sorry they will be a little late. Ok no big deal. Well I text dad at 9am what time are you dropping off the kids? He text back and said 9:20/9:30. We are now rounding 10am and they are still not here and I haven't received a text that they are running behind or anything else. I'm growing more and more annoyed because these two don't do good with changed schedules or spending hours in the morning with dad and then coming here. The baby is sleeping and now they are gonna have their major meltdowns. Should I say something or let it go?
craftymissbeth 07:40 AM 12-12-2014
My policy is that drop offs cannot happen after 9. Do you have one like this?
daycarediva 07:50 AM 12-12-2014
Dropped off by 9am or you're not in attendance for the day. ONE pickup and ONE drop off per day, per family (NOT per kid )

Ended that craziness early on. If you don't have that policy in place, I would start it with new handbooks in January!
Cozy_Kids_Childcare 07:54 AM 12-12-2014
Originally Posted by craftymissbeth:
My policy is that drop offs cannot happen after 9. Do you have one like this?
No I don't believe I do have a policy that states a time just the I must be notified 15-minutes before your regular drop off if your going to be late.
daycare 07:56 AM 12-12-2014
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
Dropped off by 9am or you're not in attendance for the day. ONE pickup and ONE drop off per day, per family (NOT per kid )

Ended that craziness early on. If you don't have that policy in place, I would start it with new handbooks in January!
this.....

no drop off after 9am. I don't open my door after that. I have had a few parents over the years that have been locked out. Most of them tried to blow up my phone that I didn't answer because we were alreay in class time and I didn't hear it...(so I said)

I get it that things will happen out of our control and same with parents, especially when dealing with young kids. I tell parents, have a morning plan/routine so that you can get here on time.

If it happened here or there, no big deal, but if it were happening more than once a month, AIN'T NO BODY GOT TIME FOR THAT..................LOL
Cozy_Kids_Childcare 08:13 AM 12-12-2014
Originally Posted by daycarediva:

They have been here a year this past August. Dad and Mom are both super submissive parents but dad is more so. He dropped off at 10:15 with chocolate donuts for both kids and a 3ft Tigger for the 3-year old. He said he wanted to bring it and I told him no but he insisted. My 3-year old walked over to touch it because how cool is a 3ft tigger and the DCB snached it away. I was like I'm going to tell you right now that isn't going to happen today. You can give it to dad and you can have it when he picks you up. Dad got snotty look on his face. How dare I tell his son NO. I'm always the warden with this family and I hate that. I have been very very laid back with my policies because I cannot afford to have them leave. My husband new job is still up in the air and we have no idea if they are gonna take back the offer. Ugh so frustrating. Basically my income is all we have and his unemployment. I'm thinking about sending out an email over the holidays acknowledging that I have been relaxed but it has caused issues and that starting January 5th I will be full on informing my policies.
Cozy_Kids_Childcare 08:17 AM 12-12-2014
Originally Posted by daycare:
this.....

no drop off after 9am. I don't open my door after that. I have had a few parents over the years that have been locked out. Most of them tried to blow up my phone that I didn't answer because we were alreay in class time and I didn't hear it...(so I said)

I get it that things will happen out of our control and same with parents, especially when dealing with young kids. I tell parents, have a morning plan/routine so that you can get here on time.

If it happened here or there, no big deal, but if it were happening more than once a month, AIN'T NO BODY GOT TIME FOR THAT..................LOL
Dad was off today. Now he is home cleaning while he dropped off 20-month old and 3.5 year old with chocolate donuts. I put them away till right before they go home. Second time I've gotten stuck with the donuts and the first time was the last.
Blackcat31 08:23 AM 12-12-2014
I don't have a cut off time for drop off but once a family notifies me about their tardiness and tell me a time, I hold them to it. If they don't show up within 15 minutes of that extended time, I mark them absent and refuse care.

Its rude and disrespectful to continually change the game plan in the middle of the game. I allow it once. After that, it's just plain rude.

Once the mom had said "a little late" I would not have texted dad to re-ask about drop off time.

I would have simply marked them absent (no show) and then texted dad and said, that I would no longer be accepting them today as I am continuing on with my regular routine and can't accommodate any further delays since he wasn't kind enough to let me know in the first place.
Tags:drop off issues, late drop offs, late fees
Reply Up