Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Looks Like HFM But No Fevers
kscott51306 10:24 AM 09-29-2014
We have had several cases of what looks like HFM but no fevers. Is anyone else experiencing this? I have no idea what to tell my parents and of course they are getting mad at us for wanting them to stay home. Any help would be wonderful!
Heidi 10:51 AM 09-29-2014
My last HFM didn't have a fever, and I didn't exclude for it. No one else got it, strangely enough.
finsup 11:25 AM 09-29-2014
Yes!! My son woke up on Saturday with a rash all over his body, no fevers, no sickness preceding it. We took him to the doctor and she said it's either a weird strain of hfm that's been going around OR chicken pox (he's been vacinated, but she said he could still get it. He would just get a lesser version of it which would explain the no fever/sickness etc.) He's got it, my other dcb has it. Another dcb is avoiding us like the plague lol. My 4 month old daughter is rash free (which again leads me to think chicken pox...I had it when I was little, I'm breastfeeding and passing on immunity). The rash they have is itchy and I know hfm is typically not. But maybe this weird strain of it is? I'm not excluding because my dr said while yes it was contagious, it was so before the rash even started so everyone's already been exposed. However, I do have the one family who's choosing to keep their baby home until the bumps go away. Which hopefully will be soon!
cara041083 06:11 AM 09-30-2014
Originally Posted by Heidi:
My last HFM didn't have a fever, and I didn't exclude for it. No one else got it, strangely enough.
Same here!! My 2 year old had HFM so bad that she had blisters on her face hands and feet and no fever and none of my other kids or Dck came down with it. When I saw she had it I figured everyone else would get it as well but so far nope. I was shocked.
Unregistered 08:19 AM 09-30-2014
I just had a little one who had a rash they thought was hfm turns out to be scabies which is super gross and contagious.
Christina72684 09:59 AM 09-30-2014
I think my son had HFM 2 weeks ago, but no fever and had a total of 6 dots on his feet and hands, none on his mouth. One was raised and looked like if it popped it might have pus, but the other 5 were super small and flat dots. I didn't exclude him bc we had a confirmed case the week before and didn't think it even mattered. We haven't had any spots or cases since, so I don't know what it was.
Christina72684 09:59 AM 09-30-2014
Originally Posted by kscott51306:
We have had several cases of what looks like HFM but no fevers. Is anyone else experiencing this? I have no idea what to tell my parents and of course they are getting mad at us for wanting them to stay home. Any help would be wonderful!

I'm from Indiana too so maybe it's what's going around here.
Reply Up