Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>CA - Do Parent's HAVE to sign in/out?
earlystart 09:44 AM 07-01-2013
Do any California providers know if licensing requires parents to sign in and out? Like, with their signature on a paper? Or is it good enough if I keep track on my own tracking sheet? Some of my parents are so bad and forget every single day, so I'm wondering if it's even necessary. I know when I worked at a large center, licensing required it, but I don't know where to look to see if home daycares have to.
daycare 09:57 AM 07-01-2013
Originally Posted by earlystart:
Do any California providers know if licensing requires parents to sign in and out? Like, with their signature on a paper? Or is it good enough if I keep track on my own tracking sheet? Some of my parents are so bad and forget every single day, so I'm wondering if it's even necessary. I know when I worked at a large center, licensing required it, but I don't know where to look to see if home daycares have to.
it depends on if you are on any programs or not..

I require it for many reasons and would never do business without it.

I have had my sign log book called into court in the past for a parents going through a divorce..

I have used them with the IRS to prove that I had a child in my care.

My insurance co requires me to have it to show proof of care, so if something happend at 7:30pm, then I can prove the child was not in my care, because it will show what time the parents removed my child from the daycare and vs.vs..

I have in my policies that if they fail to sign in or out, that I will charge a fee of $5.00 per child per day for each occurrence..

I find that when you attach money to something they tend to stop doing it
earlystart 10:13 AM 07-01-2013
ooh, I like the idea of a fee for not doing it! I have a huge sign on my front door, and that is apparently not enough. I do want them to sign in to prove they were in my care should I ever have to prove it to licensing or insurance or law enforcement or anything! Thanks for the idea, I'm going to email the parents now
Reply Up