Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Hosting My Daughter's 3rd Birthday At The Daycare....Anyone Do This?
Christina72684 03:32 PM 02-14-2014
The first 2 years I rented a place but we're too broke this year. So I decided to have it at the daycare/preschool which is downstairs (we live upstairs and only come down for daycare). Birthday parties are the only time our whole family gets together and there are a lot of cousins with kids around her age, so we'll have 30-50 people here.

I just don't want her and her preschool friends that are here to feel like it's just another day at daycare, ya know? We have a 10' x 10' bounce house that we only get out for special occasions, so we'll have that. And since we have pretty plain walls right now I plan on putting up TONS of decorations (purple and Doc McStuffins, her faves!).

Have you ever hosted a birthday party (not the ones during daycare hours) at your daycare, and how did you make them extra special?
sahm1225 04:46 PM 02-14-2014
We did two years ago. I decorated the daycare super bright and rearranged the daycare toys. The dcks were so happy that their parents were there that they didn't even think if it being like bring at daycare.

We also put down a ton of hay in the backyard and had the search for pumpkins & gourds (it was October). It was a lot of fun
Evansmom 06:20 PM 02-14-2014
Word to the wise (I have experience with this) make a designated time for the party with beginning and ending times (especially ending time). Otherwise the kids will think it's party time all day and basically by the end you will need a stiff drink and a muscle relaxer to unwind

No really, we did this one year and rented a bouncy house. After that I vowed never to do it again during daycare hours. Pandemonium.
Daycaregranny 11:01 PM 02-16-2014
As part of our daycare we do all the kids birthday parties here. We get the cake, balloons, plates and favors, piņata and a present. All the other families are notified of an upcoming birthday party and can bring a gift or not. We always start the party after nap time @ 3 or so. Parents can come if they choose. We take pics. It's a whole lot of fun! My families love it and the kids get to have all of their daycare friends there.
Christina72684 06:51 AM 02-17-2014
This will be on a Sunday with about 6 preschoolers and the rest will be my family and friends outside of the daycare. I'm more worried about my daughter not thinking it's special enough, but I think with all the decorations I should be fine.
misslori50 07:07 AM 02-17-2014
Originally Posted by Christina72684:
This will be on a Sunday with about 6 preschoolers and the rest will be my family and friends outside of the daycare. I'm more worried about my daughter not thinking it's special enough, but I think with all the decorations I should be fine.

she is 3 anything will be special
CraftyMom 07:33 AM 02-17-2014
Originally Posted by Christina72684:
It will be special because her friends and family are there. You don't have to be over the top and spend lots of money for it to be special. Kids just want to spend time with everyone they love.

The more you do the more they expect the next time and it isn't always possible. She is still very little, keep it simple. I guarantee she will feel special and loved!
sahm1225 05:52 PM 02-17-2014
I wanted to jump back in and say that your 3 year old will think it's special because Everyone is there celebrating HER birthday!

I did my son's 4th birthday in the daycare. It was nice outside so we set up the outside as a play area too. I rearranged the daycare furniture and toys and hung up lots of decorations. He had a great time! He had his cousins AND his daycare buddies there with him. It was a day that everyone kept going on and on about HIM and how big he was. He loved every minute of it!

I agree with the other pp, set an end time. Ours lasted about 6 hours and I was so exhausted afterwards and it took me all day Sunday to try and get the daycare back in order for Monday
Tags:birthday party
Reply Up