Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Tracking Sick Days
angiescott 05:54 PM 12-22-2014
If you allow families a certain number of unpaid sick days per year, how do you keep track of them? I am giving them 5 this year and changing from if you aren't here you don't pay to a scheduled month and 5 unpaid sick days. I'm just needing to figure out how to keep track of them now. Thanks!
daycare 06:07 PM 12-22-2014
Originally Posted by angiescott:
If you allow families a certain number of unpaid sick days per year, how do you keep track of them? I am giving them 5 this year and changing from if you aren't here you don't pay to a scheduled month and 5 unpaid sick days. I'm just needing to figure out how to keep track of them now. Thanks!
I personally don't give them, but if I did, I am sure I would use an excel spread sheet to track them along with having a parent sign off on them.

example:
johnny used sick days on 12-22-23, these two days will account towards his 5 sick days. and then make the parents sign in, put it in his file, then note his excel account.

I have only ever given sick days once to one family and it was because DCK was in the hospital very sick for almost 2 weeks. It was my offering, they did not ask.
Crazy8 07:17 PM 12-22-2014
I allow them 5 days for vacation or sick - so they can either use a full week or split it up. I have a sheet that I keep in the back of my sign in book that has the kids names and 5 boxes next to each one. I write in the date of each day used - when all 5 boxes are filled up then that's all they get for the year. I always have my sign in sheets to fall back on if there is a question about it.

Its pretty simple but it works. I also track my paid vacation days on the same form because some years I split them up.
finsup 11:15 AM 12-23-2014
I don't offer them myself but I think I'd just have a printed sheet for myself and each family. It would state the policy, and have 5 spots for their signature and date. Every time they used one, at the next day of care they would need to sign and date it.
daycarediva 11:19 AM 12-23-2014
I offered them this year. I printed out a sheet with the number of days allowed and the 'rules' for using them. No two consecutive, must be absent the entire day (not sent home), must be up to date on payments, no rollover to next year, use for vacations/my paid holidays, etc.

Then I had a space like below for each day the child was allowed to use:

Child's Name:
Date:
Parent Signature:
Provider Signature:
AmyKidsCo 01:34 PM 12-23-2014
I don't, but if I did I'd hand out coupons for them to submit with their payment, then create a document where I tracked who used a sick day when.
earlystart 09:47 PM 12-23-2014
I keep most of my daycare files electronically in a cloud drive on my computer (automatically backs up to the internet). So each child has a folder and I create a text document (using Notepad) called "Vacation.txt" that just says "2014-2015 School Year - 10 Vacation Days at 50% off" to remind myself of my own policy, heh. Then as each kid takes a vacation day (or sick day, in your case) I write it in their file:

1. 12/22/14
2. 12/23/14
3. etc etc

And then when I record their tuition I make a note "Vacation 12/22-12/23".
Reply Up