Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Buses are driving me NUTS
mrsnj 06:48 AM 09-09-2013
These school buses are KILLING ME! Ten minutes early! 60 minutes late! I am dealing with four buses and 7 kids all together! All I do is stand and wait all morning and stand and wait all afternoon cause I have NO clue when they decide they might show! The kids are crying. I am rushing and trying to watch littles while waiting endlessly for a bus that isn't showing and waiting with school agers. Then to show early!? Now I have to show up to wait for the bus 15 min early? And pray they aren't 60 min late?? An hour and 15 min...or more.....waiting for each bus?! This is ridiculous!

Dear School Transportation Department...........I DO have a life! Get yours in order!
countrymom 06:57 AM 09-09-2013
ours was early last week and the kids almost missed the bus, today it was 10 min. late.
momofsix 06:58 AM 09-09-2013
Oh wow, that would be SO frustrating! Do you have to actually walk to a stop or is it right in front of your house?
Kaddidle Care 07:03 AM 09-09-2013
Maybe... next year make it a requirement for parents to get their children on the bus the first day? I'm hallucinating right?

It's pretty much expected around here the first day - even the first week. Then it sort of all evens out. Gosh.. last year we had a bus driver that you could set your watch to! Unheard of!
snbauser 10:39 AM 09-09-2013
It seems to take a good 2-3 weeks for our buses to work it out. The middle school bus is the same as the last 2 years - same route, same stops, same driver. Some days it is right on time. Other days it is 15-20 minutes late. Thankfully it hasn't been early. And thankfully I don't need to do anything other than make sure they are out the door in time.
Blackcat31 10:41 AM 09-09-2013
Sorry you having a tough time with the bus schedules. I can only imagine how frustrating it must be.

Makes me SUPER glad that I don't deal with any sort of SA'ers and/or busing.
Play Care 10:41 AM 09-09-2013
Yikes! I don't have it half as bad. Though the bus driver on the first day was freaking out at one of my dck's because she thought because I was waiting at the end of my driveway it meant I thought she was dropping off there
She could have just pulled up and asked me...
butterfly 10:52 AM 09-09-2013
Can you have them honk when they arrive? I even had a wonderful bus driver that would call me when they were just a couple blocks away. That gave me time to get my shoes on and walk to the end of the driveway just as they were pulling up. They knew I did daycare and was always here for the bus, but that I couldn't always get out the door immediately if I was tending to the children's needs.
Leigh 11:18 AM 09-09-2013
45 minutes late here, today, too. And this is the kid who I RELISH the break from-I called the school to make sure they were coming-there was no way I wanted to have him here all day (I don't know how he spent his weekend, but he was wound so tight when he showed up today, there was no way my nerves could have taken that all day!).
Angelsj 11:38 AM 09-09-2013
I feel your pain, but ours are at least within a 10 min span.
I would call the bus company and demand a schedule with no more than 10 mins leeway. No way I would put up with an hour's difference.
mrsnj 02:51 PM 09-09-2013
Afternoon prek bus? 20 minutes early! 20 MINUTES! I had my daughter outside playing and announced it so I could get out there. This same bus was 45 min late this morning. I am going to go insane! I expect the first day to be off n late. I expect the upcoming wk to be no later than ten min as they work out kinks. But showing up 20 min early n depositing a 4 yr old on my lawn is NOT cool. Showing about n hr late for older kids who know how to find their seats n take care of themselves is unacceptable. I am getting a little mad
Reply Up