Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Hiring Tom Copeland for an Audit
Daycarefamily 05:34 AM 02-09-2019
Hi. I have done my own taxes for 20 years and never been audited. I have heard too many horror stories from people who use "professionals" that make stupid mistakes probably because tax season is just too busy for any human to deal with. I never use tax software either because they do make mistakes, especially dealing with residential day care.

That being said I am admittedly somewhat paranoid of the IRS even though I do everything by the book.

If I do ever face a real in person audit from the IRS, I would want to hire Tom Copeland. However I live in NH. Seems to me with modern technology such as facetime, a tax attorney can virtually be present regardless of the physical location. Is this possible?
TomCopeland 04:44 PM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by Daycarefamily:
Hi. I have done my own taxes for 20 years and never been audited. I have heard too many horror stories from people who use "professionals" that make stupid mistakes probably because tax season is just too busy for any human to deal with. I never use tax software either because they do make mistakes, especially dealing with residential day care.

That being said I am admittedly somewhat paranoid of the IRS even though I do everything by the book.

If I do ever face a real in person audit from the IRS, I would want to hire Tom Copeland. However I live in NH. Seems to me with modern technology such as facetime, a tax attorney can virtually be present regardless of the physical location. Is this possible?
Thanks for the compliment, but I don't represent providers who are being audited. If you use KidKare and have the accounting section and join my Child Care Business Partnership, I can provide a lot of help if you are audit. Or, if you use myMAX I can also provide a lot of help.
lovemykidstoo 07:36 AM 02-10-2019
Originally Posted by TomCopeland:
Thanks for the compliment, but I don't represent providers who are being audited. If you use KidKare and have the accounting section and join my Child Care Business Partnership, I can provide a lot of help if you are audit. Or, if you use myMAX I can also provide a lot of help.
I am on KidKare with the accounting, but what is Child Care Business Partnership?
TomCopeland 06:06 AM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
I am on KidKare with the accounting, but what is Child Care Business Partnership?
It's a service I offer to providers using the KidKare accounting section. It costs $15 a year and I can review your tax returns, provide help in using the accounting section, help if you are audited. More info:http://tomcopelandblog.com/the-child...e-menu-and-you
Tags:audit
Reply Up