Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>New Provider : Question About Pet
mimi 01:16 PM 12-14-2010
I am a new provider and I have 6 lbs Pomeranian who loves to be inside his crate most of the time. He is very shy and scared of new people around him. He never comes out of his crate.
The Licensing inspector told me that , try to keep him in the dog run. But,we tried before he never wanted to stay inside . He cried and wanted to go inside his crate. So, we returned it. I wonder do I have to get a dog kennel for him? Is it mandatory? I live in San Jose, CA. So, confused now.
kathiemarie 01:37 PM 12-14-2010
I live in so. cal. and I have a dog. Never did anyone from the state tell me to put him in a dog run. He is part of the family, the kids love him and loves the kids. (he gets depressed in the summer when I"m closed.) Because yours can be shy, can you put the crate in a room where there will not be any kids? If so just do that and let him hang out in the crate all day. If he likes it then why not. Good luck!
tymaboy 02:02 PM 12-14-2010
Did they tell you that so the dog can go potty in an area that the kids do not come in contact with? I know my rep had something about a fenced off area just for the dog for that reason not to keep the dog a way from the children. We never did it we just kept the yard clean.
Tags:dogs, pets in daycare, pomeranian
Reply Up