Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Sleeping In
MomBoss 11:37 AM 01-03-2019
A child that had been on vacation for 1 & 1/2 weeks was scheduled to come back today. Parents let the child sleep in and didnt come until 10am. Our nap time is at 12 noon and i was told since the child slept in, she probably wont nap today. This doesnt fly with me. Nap time is the time where I clean and get other things done. I have an interview after work today and wanted to do some deep cleaning during naptime. I also have the infants sleep in the playroom and the older kids sleep in the naproom so not to be distrurbed by the infants and vice versa. So its not like she can stay up and just play. It really disturbed our schedule that they let their child sleep in. How can and should I address this to the parents that this cant happen again. Im very passive agressive so Im worried Im going to come off harsh.
Blackcat31 11:42 AM 01-03-2019
I don’t address this issue at all. I prefer natural consequences and actions instead as it gets the point across much better.

I simply send home/call for pickup come rest time if child is unable “to participate as normal”.

How old is this child? Capable of lying down quietly without disturbing others?

Is a parent home/off today since they had the ability to allow the child to sleep in?
MomBoss 11:46 AM 01-03-2019
Dad is home sick/resting.
Child is 19 months.

I need to add in my sick policy where it states that if the child cant participate in daily activity..to include unable to nap or rest quietly.

Im having surgery next week, so the fact that dad came into my home sick really bothered me.
Cat Herder 12:02 PM 01-03-2019
Adding in a drop-off cutoff helps this issue. Parents don't think for a second of how it affects the group. It simply does not occur to them.

It also limits dope and drops. 6 out of 10 times late arrivals woke up sick.
Ariana 05:49 AM 01-04-2019
I would have told her at the door, and have done this, that kids go down for nap as usual and that I do not recommend letting kids sleep in as it messes with that schedule. If the child is not sleeping at nap time then you can call for pickup. All of the kids here are able to lie quietly no matter what so I don’t call for pickup...but the parents definitely have issues getting them to bed at night when they sleep in. Not my problem!
daycarediva 11:25 AM 01-04-2019
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Adding in a drop-off cutoff helps this issue. Parents don't think for a second of how it affects the group. It simply does not occur to them.

YUP!

and if you don't have a cut off policy, do you have a participation policy? as soon as dcd said he wouldn't nap I would have said "Ok if he doesn't I'll give you a call to come get him!"
Mom2Two 11:26 AM 01-04-2019
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I hadn't thought of that. I let kids arrive late, but hadn't thought of it being because they might be sick.
Tags:cut off time, dope and drop, drop-off rules, participation
Reply Up